Health & Medical
Health Occupations offer satisfying and rewarding careers in fields that serve others and improve the health of individuals in the community.
If you are interested in short-term training opportunities in the health field, Central Carolina Community College and the Continuing Education Department offer a wide variety of health occupation classes that lead to certification. Classes are offered in Chatham, Harnett and Lee counties. Some classes are offered in an online format.
Health Occupations offerings:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Healthcare Providers
- Cardiovascular Monitor Technician
- Central Sterile Processing
- Electronic Health Records
- Laboratory Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Math
- Medical Terminology
- Nurse Aide I
- Nurse Aide II
- Nurse Aide I Refresher
- Nurse Aide II Refresher
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Sports Medicine Technology
All classes are NOT offered every semester. View the online schedule for up-to-date class information, including specific registration requirements as applicate.
Access our complete list of course descriptions.
- All Health Occupations programs require a High School diploma or equivalency.
- Proof of prerequisites MUST be presented at time of registration for Health Occupation courses
- All Health Occupations students taking classes that require a clinical rotation are required to complete a FirstPoint Criminal Background Check. Information is given upon registration.
- Nurse Aide I certification in good standing is required to enter Nurse Aide II, Medication Technician, Patient Care Technician, Home Health and Restorative Aide courses