Health & Medical
Health Occupations offer satisfying and rewarding careers in fields that serve others and improve the health of individuals in the community.
If you are interested in short-term training opportunities in the health field, Central Carolina Community College and the Continuing Education Department offer a wide variety of health occupation classes that lead to certification. Classes are offered in Chatham, Harnett and Lee counties. Some classes are offered in an online format.
Health Occupations offerings:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Healthcare Providers
- Cardiovascular Monitor Technician
- Central Sterile Processing
- Electronic Health Records Specialist (Certificate)
- Laboratory Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Terminology
- Nurse Aide I
- Nurse Aide II
- Nurse Aide I Refresher
- Nurse Aide II Refresher
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Sleep Disorders Technician
- Sports Medicine Technology
All classes are NOT offered every semester. View the online schedule for up-to- date class information.
Access our complete list of course descriptions.
Health Occupation Programs Pre-Requisites
- All Health Occupations programs require a High School diploma or HSE/ former GED certificate
- Proof of prerequisites MUST be presented at time of registration for Health Occupation courses
- All Health Occupations students taking classes that require a clinical rotation are required to complete a FirstPoint Criminal Background Check. Information is given upon registration.
- NA I certification in good standing is required to enter Nurse Aide II, Medication Technician, Patient Care Technician, Home Health and Restorative Aide courses
Get Started Today!
Polysomnographic Technologist Program Graduation and Placement Rates
|Year||# Graduates||# Positive Placements|