Central Carolina Community College's Division of Economic & Community Development is dedicated to economic, workforce, enrichment, and continuing education programs for the business sector and members of the community at large. The division's commitment to the development of the local economy and a sense of community is shared throughout the various programs within this department.
Work Opportunity Grant
Central Carolina Community College is offering a limited number of Work Opportunity Grants to assist students who are seeking to enroll in targeted occupational courses in Construction, Culinary Arts, and Manufacturing.
Scholarships covering tuition and fees are available for students enrolling in:
- Chatham County, Homebuilding 102 (C1166 and C1177)
- Harnett County, Introduction to Baking (H1101), Welding - MIG 1 (H1216)
- Lee County, Forklift with OSHA General Safety (L1128 and L1133)
Apply in person at your local campus location, while funds are available! This is not an income-based scholarship. It is available on a first come, first serve basis. Funds are limited.
- Reside in Chatham, Harnett, or Lee County
- Are at least 18 years old
- Provide a written request indicating your desire to receive a scholarship, including the class that you are registering for and how this scholarship will help you.
Short-term Job Training
CCCC and the Continuing Education Department offer non-degree, short-term career and workforce classes and/or trainings, as well as job readiness training for students that require skill development. Programs include Business & Leadership, Computer Technology, Cosmetic Arts, Culinary & Hospitality Arts, Employment & Job Readiness, Health & Medical, and Manufacturing & Trades.
College & Career Readiness
Business and Industry
Emergency Services Training
Distance Education provides the opportunity to continue your education in an independent learning environment.