The mission of the Central Carolina Community College Continuing Education Creative Writing Program located at the Pittsboro Campus seeks to create a community for writers, whether they are beginners or seasoned veterans, to teach craft as an art form, and to foster imagination and excellence. We commit to sharing the beauty and power of good writing to transform both writers and readers.
We offer a variety of craft-driven courses in the following areas:
- Novel writing and revision
- Prose fiction
- Children's books
All classes are not offered every semester. View the online schedule for up-to-date class information.
Earn a Creative Writing Certificate
Since the fall of 2009, CCCC-Pittsboro Continuing Education has offered courses and one-day classes in writing short stories, poetry, creative nonfiction, screenplays, and children's literature. The new certificate program will acknowledge completion of 120 hours of classes.
- To learn from professionals in a dedicated, supportive environment
- To try out different forms of writing and refine your goals
- To complete a body of work and achieve personal goals
- To receive acknowledgment for intensive, continued study of creative writing
- To add creative writing credits to a resume
- To add to your qualifications for college admission
- To create a portfolio for admission to an MFA program
- To renew teacher certification
- There are no admission requirements. Writers of all levels are welcome to earn the Certificate.
- Fill out this form to notify Continuing Education at CCCC of your intent to complete requirements for a certificate Declaration of Intent.
- Successfully complete 120 hours of creative writing classes or workshops offered by the Continuing Education Department of CCCC (Pittsboro). For each class, obtain an instructor's signature on this form (Verification of Course Completion) and present it to the Continuing Education department.