In an effort to reduce the financial barriers to education, the Continuing Education Department of Central Carolina Community College offers several scholarship programs to help students who enroll in short-term occupational training programs.
Continuing Education Scholarship Application
Please read about the general eligibility requirements, the award selection and funds disbursement processes below.
If you have questions feel free to contact Continuing Ed Scholarships Coordinators via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. or by phone:
Latoya Brower 919-718-7073
Beverly Diniz 919-545-8663
General Scholarship Eligibility:
Eligible students must be:
- Resident of North Carolina
- Students enrolling in Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) pathways/courses offered for 96 hours or more and leading to a State or industry-recognized credential. These pathways may consist of a single WCE course or a series of courses.
- Eligibility criteria for students include:
- is unemployed.
- has received notification of a pending layoff.
- is working and is eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (FEITC); or
- is working and earning wages at or below two hundred percent (200%) of the federal poverty guidelines.
Some scholarships may have other selection criteria. Please complete the online application to be considered for all funding for which you may be eligible.
Scholarship Award Process:
Once an individual is selected to receive an award;
- They are notified via email and/or phone by the scholarship coordinators.
- They may be required to complete additional documentation to indicate recipient acceptance for the award and of the terms and conditions of the award set forth by the funders.
- They must complete and return required documentation within seven (7) days of receiving notification; after this the award will be voided and the recipient must reapply for consideration.
After coordinators receive all required additional documents an official award letter will be sent via email to recipients.
This award letter serves as:
- A voucher for enrollment if a recipient has not yet enrolled into a program of study.
- A voucher for reimbursement of costs already incurred by a recipient already enrolled in a program of study.
Scholarship coordinators may contact unenrolled recipients to complete the enrollment process.
Scholarships are only awarded for courses and programs that are open for registration at the time a student applies for a scholarship. To see available courses and programs please visit www.cccc.edu/ecd/find-classes.
Once awarded, scholarship funds are placed on the recipient's student account to cover costs of course registration and any required course materials, i.e., textbooks, uniforms, equipment that may be purchased through the college bookstore.
- Recipients must visit the financial aid office to pick up a bookstore voucher to make course material purchases through the bookstore.
Any funds remaining on the student account after course costs are paid are sent to the student in the form of a check.
If you have questions about financial aid disbursements or the bookstore voucher, please contact the CCCC Financial Aid Office at 919-718-7229 or via email at email@example.com.