Career & Employment Training
Our American and global workforce is always evolving. This means workplace skills are also constantly changing. Essential Career & Employability Skills (ECES) training is next gen HRD training that offers individuals the opportunity to develop the essential skills needed to seek and/or maintain gainful employment or to further their education. These skills are necessary for all individuals from all walks of life to be successful in finding the career that is the best fit for them and to excel in their work.
Individuals who are laid off or have been notified of a pending layoff, are unemployed, eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit, underemployed, or earn at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines may be eligible to take ECES courses at NO COST!
Participants can learn skills such as:
- Using social media to find employment
- Completing job applications, both online and traditional forms
- Resume writing
- Financial literacy
- Setting SMART goals
The ECES Program is ideal for people who may be:
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Exploring or changing careers
- Re-entering society and/or the workforce
- Current workers needing to gain new workplace skills
- ACT NCRC WorkKeys Prep (NCRC Testing Schedule)
- Ready for This! Career Planning GPS
- Career Ready: Jobs 101
- Career (Job) Ready Bootcamp – Healthcare
- Building Your Brand: Social Media & Your Career
- Human Services Exploration: DSS Caseworker (NCFast)
- Let’s Get Ready to Work!
- Working Smart
Various classes are offered during any given semester. To see classes open for registration, please view the online schedule.
Have questions about how to register or ready to register Today?
También disponible en español. Descubra como comenzar.