Student Onboarding and Success. (formerly Admissions)

Admission Policies & FAQs


General Admissions Standards and Procedures

To be accepted to CCCC, students must complete the admissions and enrollment steps listed on our website. The admissions and enrollment steps can be viewed online.

Home Schooled Applicants

Home-schooled applicants must provide the following documentation for admission:

  • Proof of listing with the N.C. Division of Non-Public Education (DNPE).
  • A full, final high school transcript (including a list of all courses taken, final course grades, and a final grade point average). The transcript should include the official school name and the administrator's signature.
  • A copy of test scores for the last two years of home school instruction of a nationally standardized test.

Undocumented Immigrant Applicants

Under the State Board of Community College's rule "Admission to Colleges," undocumented immigrants will be admitted if the following requirements are met:

  • Must be a graduate of an United States public high school, private high school, or home school that operates in compliance with state or local law
  • Must pay the out-of-state tuition rate
  • Undocumented immigrants are not permitted to pursue a Health Science program or any program that has an admissions wait list.
  • Undocumented immigrants will be permitted to register for classes once the late registration period begins.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Applicants

Applicants who have been granted deferral under the DACA program are responsible for presenting documentation to establish that they have DACA classification. This documentation includes the I-797, Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and social security card. DACA students are held to the general admission standards and procedures and pay the out-of-state tuition rate. Students with DACA classification are not permitted to pursue a Health Science program or any program that has an admissions wait list.

Special Credit Students

An applicant 18 years or older may enroll as a special credit student without specifying an educational objective or program of study and doesn't intend to seek a degree. To be admitted, the special credit student needs only to complete an application. Special credit students are not eligible to receive financial aid or veteran's benefits and must meet all prerequisite requirements for each course enrollment.

Career and College Promise

Career and College Promise provides seamless dual enrollment educational opportunities tuition-free for eligible North Carolina high school students in order to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills. Admission and eligibility requirements can be viewed on the Career and College Promise website.

Readmission Process

A student placed on academic suspension will be suspended from all coursework and all college activities for one term with the exception of enrollment in ACA-085. Academic suspension is posted to the student's official transcript for that term.

A student can be readmitted after one term of suspension by completing a Success Plan with an Education Navigator. Students can schedule an appointment with their Education Navigator to get started.

More about ACA-085

This course is designed to improve academic study skills and introduce resources that will complement developmental courses and produce success in college level courses. Topics include basic study skills, memory techniques, note-taking strategies, test-taking techniques, library skills, personal improvement strategies, goal-setting, and learning resources. Upon completion, students should be able to apply techniques learned to improve performance in college-level classes.

Non-Completer Survey

Are you withdrawing from all of your courses at CCCC? If so, take a few minutes to share information about your experience with us. It's important for us to use these student experiences to assist us in improving our processes, services, and resources.

Access Non-Completer Survey

How do I apply for school?

Applying to Central Carolina Community College is a simple process. The admission steps can be found online. Simply decide what type of student you are and follow the path.

How much does it cost to apply?

Central Carolina Community College does not charge an application fee.

What do I have to do in addition to submitting my admissions application?

We also require:

  • An official copy of your high school transcript sent directly from your high school to our college OR an official transcript of other high school completion (GED scores, etc.)
  • An official transcript from any college(s) you have attended. We must receive a transcript for all college work you have done, whether you graduated or not.
  • Submit any test scores you have within the last ten years (SAT, ACT, Asset, Compass, or Accuplacer).

What if I don't have any test scores?

If a student has graduated from high school or completed a GED within the past ten years, then the high school unweighted GPA or GED score would be used to place the student into their gateway English and Math. Students would be eligible to take the placement test if they meet one of the following criteria: graduated high school more than ten years ago, completed GED more than ten years ago, or the student is an international student. For more information and to schedule a test, visit the placement testing website

Do I request my transcripts to be sent or does the college request them for me?

It is the student's responsibility to request and submit all admissions requirements.

Do you accept faxed copies of transcripts?

No. Official transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope. A transcript is an "official transcript" when it is received by the college through the mail directly from the high school, college, or other institution. Additionally, official transcripts can be sent electronically to For more information about transcripts, review the Student Records and Registrar's Transcripts website.

When will I be approved for the program I want?

We must receive your application for admission and all official transcripts for you to be officially accepted. Once we are in receipt of these requirements, you will meet with an Education Navigator to discuss your acceptance.

When should I apply?

The process of obtaining all of your paperwork can take weeks. The sooner you apply and start the application process, the sooner you will find out when you may enter school.

Do I only have to apply once, no matter when I start school or do I have to reapply if I withdraw for a semester or stay out of school for a few years?

Once you apply and we have received all of your paperwork, you will have a permanent file. You will need to update your application if you have not attended school for over one year. You will not have to re-submit new transcripts or placement test scores unless it has been over 5 years since your last date of attendance.

Can I just take a class and not pursue a program?

Yes. Students can take a class and not pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate program. Students will enroll as a "Special Credit" student. In order to take a class, special credit students need only to file an application. Special credit students are not eligible to receive financial aid or VA benefits and must meet all prerequisite and/or corequisite requirements for each course, if applicable.

Special credit students who later decide to pursue a program will need to complete all of the admission requirements of their declared program.

I'm a student at another college/university. Can I take a class at Central Carolina Community College and transfer the course to my institution?

Yes. Students who will be transferring their Central Carolina Community College course to another institution will apply as a "Special Credit" student. Students are urged to check with their institution prior to taking the course to ensure the course is transferable. Students transferring their CCCC course to another institution must meet all of the prerequisite and/or corequisite requirements of every course, if applicable. An official transcript must be provided to document that the prerequisite was met before the CCCC course starts.

I have been living in North Carolina for less than 12 months. Am I a North Carolina resident?

To qualify as a resident for tuition purposes, a person must have established legal residence in North Carolina and maintained that legal residence for at least 12 months prior to applying to CCCC. Furthermore, a student must establish that his or her presence in North Carolina currently is, and during the 12 month qualifying period was, for purposes of maintaining a bona fide domicile rather than of maintaining a mere temporary residence to enroll in an institution of higher education.

Chapter 116-143.1 of the NC General Statutes covers the requirements for determining resident status for tuition purposes.

All applicants are required to complete the North Carolina Residency Determination. Residency determination establishes if students will be charged in-state or out-of-state tuition. You must complete the NC Residency Determination before completing a college application.

I am active-duty military and am permanently stationed in North Carolina. Do I or my dependents get afforded in-state tuition?

Military service members and their eligible dependents are considered in-state for tuition purposes. The student must be serving on active military duty (permanently stationed in North Carolina) or be a family member of an active duty service person permanently stationed in North Carolina. To qualify, the student must complete an "Application for the Benefit of the In State Tuition Rate as a Member of the Armed Services or Family Member Relative Thereof." This application can be obtained from the Student Development Services Office.

Can I have a printed copy of the college catalog?

We do distribute printed copies of the college catalog, but we encourage students to view the catalog online.

I'm undecided about a program of study. Who should I talk to?

Our Career Center assists students with career exploration and development as well as educational planning. You may call (919) 718-7396 to make an appointment to see the Career Center Coordinator.

If I need assistance with admissions, who do I contact?

You may contact an Education Navigator in the Office of Student Onboarding and Success (formerly Admissions). If you have questions, you may call (919) 718-7300. If you have questions about the admissions steps, you may find all the steps online.

Do programs have specific admission requirements?

Yes, some programs will have specific admission requirements. Review our competitive admissions programs website or contact an Education Navigator for your chosen program.

What does dual/concurrent enrollment mean?

Under certain conditions, North Carolina public, private, and home-schooled high school students who are 16 years of age may enroll tuition-free in courses at Central Carolina Community College while enrolled in high school. Dual/Concurrent Enrollment students will follow the college schedule. Students can obtain "Petition for Dual/Concurrent Enrollment" forms from the guidance counselor at their school. Earned certificates, diplomas, or degrees may be awarded after high school graduation, receipt of final high school transcript, and upon written request.

Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Program

Are you interested in world-class leadership and management training while completing your Associates degree and receiving guaranteed acceptance into Campbell University? We are proud to offer a Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program in partnership with Campbell University. Students who participate in this program, "Army ROTC cadets", will have the opportunity to take military science courses on Campbell University's main campus in Buies Creek and transfer into Campbell University with an Associates Degree from CCCC.

Find out more about Campbell University ROTC Program online.

For more information regarding the ROTC partnership, please contact:

Adam Wade
Dean of Student Onboarding and Success (formerly Admissions)
(919) 718-7526


Chris A. Psaltis, Ed.D, MSA
Recruiting Operations Officer, GS-11
(910) 893-1590