Nursing Consideration Dates: Sept. 1 - Sept. 18, 2015
Accepting applications for the Practical Nursing (Lillington) starting spring 2016.
Central Carolina Community College consideration dates are Sept. 1 to Sept. 18, 2015 for the Lillington PN program starting spring 2016. All information and requirements must be completed and submitted to CCCC by Sept. 18, at noon.
You may pick up a nursing consideration application starting Sept. 1 at 8 a.m. from the nursing counselors on the Sanford, Pittsboro, or Lillington campuses. Return the application to the Nursing counselor on the Lillington campus for the Lillington PN program by Sept. 18, 2015 at noon.
2015 Nursing Information Sessions
Nursing Information Sessions will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We will go over the requirements to enter the Nursing program. No appointment is necessary.
July 14 session will be located in Lett Hall on the Sanford Campus; all the other sessions will be held at the Civic Center. We hope you will be able to attend.
Nursing Information Sessions for 2015-2016:
- Tuesday, July 14 (Lett Hall)
- Sept. 15, 2015
- Oct. 20, 2015
- Nov. 17, 2015
- Jan. 19, 2016
- Feb. 16, 2016
- March 15, 2016
- April 12, 2016
- May 17, 2016
- July 19, 2016
- Oct. 18, 2016
- Nov. 15, 2016
Health care is one of the fastest growing segments of business in the United States today. The need for trained professionals is increasing.
Central Carolina Community College offers both Practical Nursing and Associate Degree Nursing Programs.
These programs are designed to prepare individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care to groups of clients throughout their life-span in a variety of settings.
Graduates of nursing programs can expect to find employment in the Lee, Harnett, and Chatham regions, as well as throughout the state and nation.
What Students Learn
- The Practical Nursing Program and Licensed Practical Nurse Refresher Certificate Program prepare graduates to fulfill the roles of provider of care and member of the discipline of nursing. The graduate of the practical nursing program and licensed practical nurse refresher certificate program provides nursing care for clients in structured health care settings who are experiencing common well-defined health problems under the direction of a registered nurse or other person(s) authorized by law to provide such supervision.
- Students successfully completing the Practical Nursing Program and Licensed Practical Nurse Refresher Certificate Program will be able to:
- As a provider of care, participate in using the nursing process as a framework to maintain, promote, and restore optimal functional health patterns for clients across the life span with common alterations in functional health patterns.
- As a member within the discipline of nursing, practice the ethical, legal, and professional behaviors for the Licensed Practical Nurse as a member of the health care team.