Nursing Consideration Dates: Nov. 24 - Dec. 12, 2014
Accepting applications for the Practical Nursing program
on the Lillington campus starting January 2015.
Nursing Consideration Dates - Nov. 24 to Dec. 12, 2014 ending at noon for the Lillington campus, starting spring 2015. All information and requirements must be completed and on file with CCCC by Dec. 12 at noon.
You can pick up a nursing consideration application, health form, criminal background check and drug testing forms from the Nursing counselors on the Sanford, Pittsboro, or Lillington campuses. Completing the above forms will not guarantee acceptance into the PN program..
Return the following information to the Nursing counselor on the Lillington campus by December 12 at noon:
- nursing consideration application to Trinnette Nichols-Jones
- the NC Nursing Assistant 1 transcript or certificate from an approved NC NA1 program as listed on www.ncnar.org with application
- active American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card with application
- Health form, criminal background check and drug testing must be completed by December 12 at noon with the application.
Completing the above forms will not guarantee
acceptance into the PN program.
Health care is one of the fastest growing segments of business in the United States today. The need for trained professionals is increasing.
Central Carolina Community College offers both Practical Nursing and Associate Degree Nursing Programs.
These programs are designed to prepare individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care to groups of clients throughout their life-span in a variety of settings.
Graduates of nursing programs can expect to find employment in the Lee, Harnett, and Chatham regions, as well as throughout the state and nation.
What Students Learn
- The Practical Nursing Program and Licensed Practical Nurse Refresher Certificate Program prepare graduates to fulfill the roles of provider of care and member of the discipline of nursing. The graduate of the practical nursing program and licensed practical nurse refresher certificate program provides nursing care for clients in structured health care settings who are experiencing common well-defined health problems under the direction of a registered nurse or other person(s) authorized by law to provide such supervision.
- Students successfully completing the Practical Nursing Program and Licensed Practical Nurse Refresher Certificate Program will be able to:
- As a provider of care, participate in using the nursing process as a framework to maintain, promote, and restore optimal functional health patterns for clients across the life span with common alterations in functional health patterns.
- As a member within the discipline of nursing, practice the ethical, legal, and professional behaviors for the Licensed Practical Nurse as a member of the health care team.