The application deadline for Dental Assisting has been extended to February 5, 2018 by 5 p.m.
***Once the consideration committee has reviewed all applicants, students will be notified of any decision via email.
To obtain an application, students must first meet all minimum admissions criteria (MAC) for the academic program. The MAC can be found under the "Admissions Packet" on the right side of this page.
Once the MAC have been met, students may obtain the online application link from their Admissions Specialist and submit the application along with any required documentation or materials by the deadline. Before meeting with an Admissions Specialist, please be sure to view the Online Information Session and complete the final assessment. The Online Information Session will provide vital information about the admissions process for this program.
Central Carolina Community College's Dental Assisting Program provides top-quality training for careers as a dental assistant. These are well-paying careers for those who enjoy working closely with patients, helping them achieve and maintain good oral health.
Watch the video below from the American Dental Association to learn more about Dental Assisting, and how important this career is to the oral health of patients.
Students successfully completing the Dental Assisting Program will be able to:
- Perform chair-side procedures of four-handed dentistry
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment and prepare tray setups for dental procedures
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care
- Maintain clinical and financial records, patient scheduling, and supply and inventory control
- Expose dental radiographs
- Place dental sealants
- Perform coronal polishing
- Create night guards, sports guards, and whitening trays
- Complete the Dental Assisting National Board
Careers in the Dental Assisting field include the following:
- General Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry