Central Carolina YouthBuild
Educate. Empower. Employ.
Central Carolina YouthBuild provides guidance and opportunity for local youth who have previously been met with barriers to achieving goals. Through YouthBuild, students will earn their GED or Adult High School Diploma, along with an industry-recognized credential in construction, culinary or nursing. Students will engage in leadership activities so that upon graduation from YouthBuild they are on a clear path to post-secondary education and gainful employment leading to individual, family and community impact.
- Attain GED or Adult High School Diploma
- Earn industry-recognized certificate in Construction, culinary or Nursing
- Graduate with 30 hours of community service
- Give back to your community by building a house with Habitat for Humanity
- Leadership opportunities throughout the program
- Case management, stipends, support with child care and transportation
- Be between the ages of 16-24 years, at the time of enrollment
- Have dropped out of school
- Be registered with Selective Service (18 and over)
- Meet one or more of the following:
- member of a low income family
- a youth in foster care (or aging/aged out)
- involved in juvenile/criminal justice system
- an individual with a disability
- a child of an incarcerated parent
- a migrant individual
If you live within our three-county service area and are basic skills deficient, but don't meet the program requirements, please contact us as there is a possibility we might be able to meet your needs.
YouthBuild for employers
Are you looking to hire hard working, well trained employees that will benefit your business?
Member of the YouthBuild Affiliate Network
Funded by USDOL-ETA