CCCC joins SECU for scholarship opportunity
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
SANFORD - The State Employees Credit Union Foundation has established the SECU Bridge to Career Program to help remove financial barriers for students seeking to obtain state-regulated or industry-recognized credentials through the Workforce Continuing Education Division of their local community college that lead to sustainable wage careers within their local communities.
With a focus on getting students the training and skills they need to obtain wage-sustaining employment, Central Carolina Community College has defined career pathways for Health Sciences (Nurse Assistant I, Cardiovascular Monitor Technician, and Phlebotomy) and Advanced Manufacturing Short-term Career Training (Forklift Training with OSHA10, MIG welding & AWS Qualification, and Bioworks Process Technician). Career pathway students are eligible to be awarded up to three scholarships within the program year when taking scholarship eligible courses within the pathway.
To be considered for this scholarship program, a student or prospective student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen and a North Carolina resident.
- Be enrolled in one of up to three career pathways defined training programs that lead to a sustaining wage career and register to one of the scholarship eligible courses in that pathway that lead to a state-regulated or industry-recognized credential.
- Be part of one of the following target groups: unemployed or underemployed, members of the NC National Guard, military veterans and spouses, or underserved populations in a specific workforce sector or area.
- Be enrolled in a short-term training course 96-hours or more that leads to a state-regulated or industry-recognized credential aligned to a sustaining wage career and that is offered through Continuing Education.
- Not be a Director, employee, or family member of an employee of the State Employees' Credit Union or SECU Foundation.
- Preference will be given to those students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs.
SECU Foundation cohort scholarship funds are to be used for registration fees, books, certification fees, course supplies and other educational expenditures charged to the student's college account. Any remaining funds on the student's account will be disbursed to the student upon successful completion of their selected career pathway course(s).
Students selected by the scholarship committee to receive an award must complete a Career Assessment with the Education and Career Navigator to select a career pathway and enroll in selected pathway courses.
Application deadline is Jan. 14, 2019. Download the details and application at www.cccc.edu/ecd/
For more information on the scholarship, call CCCC's Continuing Education Scholarship Coordinator at 919-545-8033.
For more information on CCCC, visit the college's website at www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021