At Central Carolina Community College, we understand the unique needs of service members and their spouses. This is why we work to make it possible for you to finish your college education, regardless of location. Whether you want to earn points toward promotion or to transfer credits toward a bachelor's degree, our staff will work to build a plan that's right for you. You can count on CCCC to provide the education you deserve.
What are you interested in learning more about?
VA Benefits FAQs
- Do I qualify for VA benefits?
- The Veterans Administration will make a determination of whether or not you qualify for Veterans Benefits, including your monthly benefit amount, after you have submitted your application for VA Benefits. For questions and inquiries regarding VA Education Benefits, students should call 1-888-442-4551 or visit the VA Website.
- How do I apply for VA benefits?
- You can apply for benefits by filling out VA form 22-1990 or 22-5490 (Used for Dependent benefits). You may complete the online application process at Education Benefits Application Process. Please save a copy of the application, with signature page for the CCCC Veteran Services office.
- When may I expect to receive my first check?
- It is difficult to give a specific time when the first check may be received. The time varies, depending on the volume of work at the VA Regional Processing Office.
- May I receive federal financial aid and VA Education Benefits during my enrollment?
- Many students are eligible to receive both. You are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility.
- I'm a current service member...what if I'm reassigned or deployed during the semester while I'm enrolled in class?
- Contact the CCCC Business Office at 919-718-7517 for details on our Military Tuition Refund policy and textbook buyback procedures.
- The Gi Bill®
- Explore Benefits
- WAVE - Online Attendance Verification
- Records/Proof of Military Service
- Veteran's Enrollment Certification Request Form
- CCCC College Catalog
Required Document for Certification **Each Semester**
CH 30 & 1606 Students
Must verify enrollment monthly through W.A.V.E.
Post 9/11 – CH 33 Students
Must verify enrollment status each month to continue receiving their monthly housing allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments. CH 33 Students can verify their enrollment status in one of two ways:
- Text Messaging – Students who choose VA’s “Opt-In” feature will receive a text message each month prompting them to verify their enrollment status (Contact ECC 1-888-442-4551 to Opt-In)
- Telephone – Students may call the Education Call Center (ECC) at 888-442-4551 to verify their enrollment status
How payments work from each Chapter of benefits
Chapter 33 (Post 9-11): Pays tuition/fees directly to school; pays book stipend to student - student is responsible to pay for books; pays monthly housing stipend* to student. To receive 100% of housing the student must be full time and have at least one seated class.
Chapter 31 (VR&E): Pays tuition, fees, books and supplies directly to school. Pays monthly housing stipend* to student. VR&E Counselor sends authorization to school when student has been accepted to the VR&E Program.
Chapter 35 (Dependent): Pays monthly stipend directly to student. Student is responsible to pay all accrued charges with the school. If a student is in less than 6 credit hours, the VA will only pay amount of tuition/fees to the student.
Chapter 30: Monthly Stipend to student. Student is responsible to pay all accrued charges with the school. The amount of the stipend varies as to how many hours a student is enrolled.
1606: Monthly Stipend to student. Student is responsible to pay all accrued charges with the school. The amount of the stipend varies as to how many hours a student is enrolled.
*Housing stipend depends on the zip code of the campus where you are taking classes. Visit the Veteran's Housing Allowance website to see what yours might be or call 1-888-442-4551 to ask the VA.
VA Contact Information
- Angie Estes - Veterans Affairs Coordinator - (919) 718-7233 or email@example.com
- Education Benefit Inquiries - (888) 442-4551
- Verification of Attendance - (877) 823-2378 (CH. 30, 1606, 1607)
- Direct Deposit (VA Benefits) - (877) 838-2778
Military Affiliated Resource Center (MARC)
The Military Affiliated Resource Center (MARC) is a place on campus to study and relax! Open to all veteran and military-affiliated CCCC students. Stop by and see us! There are laptops/computers for use while in the center, a lounge area, resources for veterans and military, and snacks/drinks!
- Location: Wilkinson 216, Lee Main Campus
- Monday - Thursday: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Questions? Please contact Jen Servi-Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.