For information about copyright laws pertaining to Blackboard, visit the Library's Guide to Copyright and Fair Use.
Resources to Embed & Link
Faculty can find streaming videos, research guides, and more to embed or link in Blackboard using in these resources.
- Electronic books
- Films on Demand
- Thousands of high quality videos on business & economics, health & medicine, humanities & social sciences, and science & mathematics, as well as travel and fitness programming, home and how-to videos, indie films, and popular music performances. Includes Oscar, Emmy and Peabody award winning documentaries, interviews, instructional and vocational training videos, historical speeches and newsreels.
- NC LIVE Video Collection
- Online videos from PBS including Ken Burns documentaries, Masterpiece Theater, Scientific American, American Experience, and more.
- North Carolina Learning Object Repository (NCLOR)
- The North Carolina Learning Object Repository (NCLOR) collects documents, audio/video clips, simulations, learning modules, assessments, and more—virtually any type of learning resource that can be digitized and processed. Teachers from around the state can then search the NCLOR, find materials appropriate to the classes they are teaching, and use them as is or modify them to suit their needs.
- Online Articles
- Peer-reviewed articles, popular magazines and newspapers
- Online Research Guides
- The online Research Guides provide students with a starting point for research and links to all the resources they need to complete an assignment. Research Guides can be created for specific curriculum programs or subjects, as well as for specific classes and assignments. Access a complete list of all our Research Guides using this link. Then link to a specific research guide in your Blackboard Class. If you have suggestions for additional Research Guides, please email email@example.com.