Student’s Rights & Responsibilities
Helpful Hint - FAFSA
Apply for financial aid assistance early. The FAFSA is available on October 1st of every year.
Helpful Hint - Deadlines
Do not ignore deadlines! Respond to all requests from CCCC in a prompt manner.
As a student, you have the right to know:
- What financial aid programs are available and how to apply for them;
- Procedures and deadlines for submitting applications for financial aid programs;
- The Financial Aid Cost of Attendance Budget and how financial need is determined;
- The type and amount of assistance you will receive and an explanation of each award;
- How and when your financial aid assistance will be disbursed;
- All application information is treated with the highest level of confidentiality;
- The eligibility criteria for awarding financial aid;
- How your satisfactory academic progress status is determined;
- Requirements in the case of withdrawal, refunds, and repayment of financial aid;
- Names of the accrediting or licensing organizations for the college
- You have the right to submit a request for Professional Judgment to have your financial aid file reviewed if family and/or financial circumstances have changed.
As a student, you have the responsibility to:
- Submit all forms/documents required to complete the application process in a timely and accurate manner;
- Read, understand, and retain copies of all information and/or forms that are sent to you and all other documents you sign;
- Comply with and accept responsibility for any financial aid received and all other agreements you sign;
- Notify CCCC of any and all financial resources you receive that are not listed on your financial aid award letter;
- Keep CCCC informed of any change of address, name, and/or marital status while you are a student;
- Use financial aid only for educational expenses related to attending CCCC;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- Register and attend classes required in your major and for the number of hours required for your financial aid disbursement;
- Complying with employment requirements for Federal Work-Study.
- Understand the College's refund policy and the Financial Aid/VA Office’s Return to Title IV Refund policy
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each academic year