Central Carolina Community College administers the Accuplacer through the College Board. We have a custom test for our state called the North Carolina Diagnostic Assessment and Placement (NCDAP) test. This placement test is given to students enrolled in a curriculum program or to special credit students interested in taking English, Mathematics, or other courses that require an English or Mathematics prerequisite/corequisite.
The purpose of the test is to assess a student's ability and readiness for the requirements of the curriculum. Placement test scores are used for academic advisement and course placement, to include developmental courses if needed. Students are highly encouraged to study prior to testing.
Placement Testing Exemption/Waiver
A student may be exempt from the placement test by satisfying one of the following:
- Submitting satisfactory SAT, ACT, Asset, or Compass scores within the last five years. These test scores must be sent officially from the testing service. The necessary scores needed can be viewed on the "Required Scores" document linked on the menu.
- Submitting official college transcripts documenting the appropriate English and Math courses that permit exemption. Transcripts are official when our College receives them in a sealed envelope from the institution where the credit was earned.
- Effective fall 2015: New students who submit an application for the fall 2015 semester will be reviewed in accordance with the Multiple Measures policy.
Scheduling a Placement Test
The placement test may be scheduled by contacting your closest campus:
- Lee Main Campus (919) 718-7300
- Chatham Main Campus (919) 545-8029
- Harnett Main Campus (910) 814-8863