CCCC's Creative Writing program to host open mic night
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
PITTSBORO - The Central Carolina Community College Continuing Education Creative Writing program invites the public to join writers of prose and poetry for its annual open mic night.
The event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 23, at the Chatham Community Library, Mary Hayes Holmes Meeting Room, CCCC Chatham Campus, Pittsboro.
The event will have a Halloween theme. Feel free to dress as your favorite fictional character or literary luminary. Light refreshments will be served.
Although the reading is not required to be in theme, original poetry and prose honoring all things ghostly, ghastly, and Gothic; back-to-school and bountiful; unpredictable and pumpkin-spiced; chilly and changing; or fallen and flannel are welcome.
Notes to writers who plan to read:
- Sign in when you arrive.
- You'll read in the order you signed in. (Note: if you want to read later in the evening, sign at the bottom of the page.)
- You'll have six minutes, including any introductions, background information, and closing remarks you wish to make.
For more information on the CCCC Creative Writing program, visit www.cccc.edu/creativewriting.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017