CCCC gearing up for spring registration
SANFORD - The holidays are almost here and spring - that is, the spring semester at Central Carolina Community College - follows shortly after.
CCCC will be closed from Monday, Dec. 23 through Wednesday, Jan. 1, so now is the time for new students to prepare to register for Spring 2014 classes.
Late registration for returning students and registration for new students takes place 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 7-9, and 9 a.m.-noon Friday, Jan. 10, at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center, in Sanford, Chatham County Campus, in Pittsboro, and the Harnett County Campus, in Lillington. Classes start Monday, Jan. 13.
"We are just now finishing a busy and successful fall semester and look forward to another great semester in the spring," said Ken Hoyle, CCCC vice president of Student Services. "We are always interested in making the student experience at CCCC as convenient and pleasant as possible. I am extremely proud of how Student Services has successfully used technology to make the registration and other student processes de-centralized and student-friendly. Our students and their success are our greatest assets and we always want to reflect that."
For students new to CCCC, there are four steps to complete before registering for classes:
- First, fill out and submit the Admissions Application at www.cccc.edu/apply. If a printed application is needed, call 800-682-8353. Return the printed application to: Admissions Office, Central Carolina Community College, 1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27330.
- Second, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov/. CCCC's school code for the application is "005449." For assistance, contact the college's Financial Aid Office, 919-718-7229.
- Third, contact the high school(s) and college(s) you have attended and have them send your official transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- Fourth, take a Placement Test to assess your English, math and reading skills, so you know which level to enroll in. Visit the Placement Test website, www.cccc.edu/studentservices/placementtesting/, or call 800-682-8353 for more information.
If you need a "brush up" in any of these subjects, attend a Free Placement Test Review session. To sign up, call 919-718-7485, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and phone number.
Payment for classes is due by noon on Jan. 10. Payment options are online at www.cccc.edu/payment.
For specific enrollment questions, contact the Admissions Office at 919-718-7300.
CCCC offers several options to help new students be successful:
- Sign up for a New Student Orientation session at www.cccc.edu/orientation. During orientation, you will learn how to be successful.
- A Personal Campus Tour can be scheduled by contacting Kelvin Hunt, director of Student Outreach and Recruitment, at 919-718-7368 or by email at email@example.com.
- For assistance in choosing a career or major, contact Mary Parker, Career Services coordinator, at 919-718-7396 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assistance in applying for veterans' educational benefits can be obtained by contacting Tracey Gross, 919-718-7233 or email@example.com.
- Veterans who need help applying to or adjusting to a college environment can contact the college's Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program, for assistance. Visit www.cccc.edu/vub to apply, or email firstname.lastname@example.org/ or call 919-718-7463.
- If you need special accommodations, contact Matt Smith, Special Populations coordinator, at 919-718-7416 or by email to email@example.com.
You can also connect with and learn more about the college by downloading its mobile app to your smart phone, iPad or iPodTouch. To download, visit www.cccc.edu/bbmobile/ or go to your phone's Application Store and search either "CCCC" or "Central Carolina Community College."
- Admin, Faculty & Staff
- Arts & Entertainment
- College & Community
- College General
- Continuing Education
- Curriculum Programs
- Distance Education Programs
- Lee Early College
- Special Events
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015