Developmental Studies is designed to help students who may not meet one or more of the placement requirements to get ready for their chosen college curriculum.
Courses offered include: Composition Strategies, Basic Math Skills, Essential Mathematics, Introductory Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Intro to College Reading, and Improved College Reading.
Small classes and dedicated instructors make it easy for students to learn. Placement in Developmental Studies courses is based on placement test scores.
- Developmental Studies provides preparation for curriculum courses and tools for improving performance on placement tests, SAT, ACT, and/or CPT tests, and on COMPASS and ASSET tests.
- All courses are taught in a lecture and lab format.
- Classes are offered during the day on the Chatham, Harnett, and Lee campuses.
- Evening classes are offered on the Chatham, Harnett, and Lee County campuses.
- Most courses are offered through Distance Education.
- Successful completion of the Developmental Studies courses gives students the skills and self confidence to do well in college level programs.