College Success Center Mission
The College Success Center provides an individualized experience for student learners based on their academic and career goals. Through collaboration with CCCC Faculty and Administration, Success Coaches focus their efforts on the First Year Experience including Pre-College and Academic Planning, Extended Orientation Courses, and New Student Orientation. Through the use of technology and in-person meetings, Success Coaches provide short and long-term support in academic planning process. This results in the student's empowerment to make independent decisions. In doing so, the College Success Center consistently evaluates and adapts its practices to uphold the mission of the institution and needs of our students for maximum retention, persistence, and student success.
College Success Center Goals
- To connect students to resources and services that will promote holistic development and success
- To assist students in becoming more independent, self-confident, and efficient learners
- To improve the academic performance of all learners
- To promote student retention and academic completion
- To provide individualized and group assistance
- To offer resources to faculty concerned with improved student learning
- To provide an array of proactive services
- To provide a place where faculty can refer students who are in need of assistance
- To provide help in developing study academic skills
- To work collaboratively with other student services offices
- To evaluate all activities and use evaluation outcomes to enhance future services
Frequently Asked Questions
Every curriculum student at Central Carolina Community College is assigned a Success Coach who will support you throughout your entire academic program. Your Success Coach is committed to providing the necessary level of support and resources to optimize your educational experience.
- What is Success Coaching?
- The National Academic Advising Association defines Success Coaching as "an interactive process that focuses on the personal relationship created between the student and the coach. The coach challenges the student to think about his or her personal and/or professional goals in order to relate them to his or her academic/educational goals. In this learning process, it is important for the coach to encourage the student to become more self-aware by understanding his or her strengths, values, interests, purpose, and passion."
- How can a Success Coach help me?
Your Success Coach can help you to: