College Success Center
The College Success Center has moved! It's now located in the Academic Assistance Center (Science 9111).
The College Success Center provides an individualized experience for student learners based on their academic and career goals. Through collaboration with CCCC Faculty and Administration, Success Coaches focus their efforts on the First Year Experience including Pre-College and Academic Planning, Extended Orientation Courses, and New Student Orientation. Through the use of technology and in-person meetings, Success Coaches provide short and long-term support in academic planning process. This results in the student's empowerment to make independent decisions. In doing so, the College Success Center consistently evaluates and adapts its practices to uphold the mission of the institution and needs of our students for maximum retention, persistence, and student success.
Academic Success Resources
Academic Advising and Planning
Placement Test Reviews
- NCDAP English Revising and Editing
Sample Texts to accompany video
- NCDAP English Reading
- NCDAP English Essay
Sign up for a Student Orientation
Cougar Workshops are aimed at helping students develop as independent, self-confident, efficient learners through improved study skills and academic performance which can aid in success in college and life. Please join us for our upcoming workshops.
- Eating Healthy On a Budget
- Interested in eating healthy but finding it hard to fit it into your budget? Come by this workshop for tips on how to eat health without breaking the bank.
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Location: Cougars Den, Student Center, Lee Campus
- Everything You need to Know about Advising
- As you make preparations to transfer to a four-year institution, swing by this workshop for all the information you need to consider in successfully transferring.
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Location: Science Building Conference Room, Lee Campus
- Technology Bootcamp
- Academic Assistance Center Staff will be available to assist students on a walk in basis with WebAdvisor, CougarMail, Aviso, Upswing and Blackboard.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Academic Assistance Center Computer Lab (Miriello Room 125), Harnett Campus
- Computer Security Practices
- Nicole Lofton, Computer Information Technology Instructor will be covering safe practices on the computer. The workshop will cover private browsing with internet search tips, password safety, online security, anti-virus programs, mobile devices, public wifi access and social media safety. You will leave with some web resources for further research on how to safely navigate the Internet.
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Miriello Computer Lab Room 103, Harnett Campus