Honors, Scholars and Academic Excellence
Click on each program below to learn more and determine eligibility requirements.
- ASPIRE (NCWC) NCWC offers a guaranteed transfer path and a unique collection of programs that allows qualified students to earn their bachelor's degree while not traveling too far from home with many classes offered at the Durham campus location.
- C-STEP: Carolina Student Transfer Excellence Program C-STEP serves as an assured pathway for transferring to UNC-CH through special events, advising, and support while students are attending CCCC, in their transition to and during their tenure at UNC-CH.
- C3 Program (NC State) NC State C3 is a dual-admission program between NC State and CCCC. C3 is intended for high-achieving community college students from low-to-moderate income backgrounds who plan to transfer to NC State after completing their associate degree.
- Honors Scholars The honors program at CCCC allows high-performing Associate in Arts University Transfer (A.A.), Associate in Science University Transfer (A.S.) and Associate in Engineering University Transfer (A.E.) students to challenge themselves intellectually by completing several research projects during their course of study at CCCC.
- Minority Male Success Initiative The Minority Male Success Initiative operates under the division of Student Learning and exists to increase the persistence, retention, and transfer rates students to four-year colleges and universities.
- Pathway to Excellence (UNCW) Qualifying CCCC students who participate in UNCW's Pathway to Excellence are guaranteed admission to UNCW when completing an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Engineering degree.
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society The Beta Sigma Phi Chapter of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society serves to promote scholarship, leadership, service, and fellowship among its members at CCCC.
- Pirate Promise (ECU) The Pirate Promise will allow qualifying university transfer students to have a smooth (and guaranteed) transfer experience to ECU.
- Spartan Passage (UNCG) The Spartan Passage will provide students with assured admissions into one of UNCG's approved bachelor degree programs and access to many UNCG services and resources while still enrolled at CCCC.
- STEP-UP Scholars The STEP-UP Student Scholars Program is for students interested in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) programs. STEP-UP is funded by the National Science Foundation and is designed to support students in both transfer (Associate in Science and Associate in Engineering) and technical (Associate of Applied Science) programs of study.