STEP-UP Student Scholars Program
The STEP-UP program is a scholarship program for Chatham, Harnett, and Lee County students who have demonstrated financial need and are interested in completing associate degrees in a field of science, math, or engineering.
The STEP-UP program at CCCC is a National Science Foundation funded scholarship program for students who have demonstrated financial need and are interested in completing associate degrees (A.S., A.E, or A.A.S) in a field of science, math, or engineering.
- Students should apply for this scholarship in the spring of their senior year (deadline ongoing) of high school.
- Students should have a minimum unweighted high school GPA of 2.8.
- Students must demonstrate financial need. Financial need will be determined by completing the online FAFSA forms.
- Students should complete the online scholarship application, which includes a short essay detailing how this scholarship will increase their likelihood of success not only at the community college but beyond.
- Students should arrange for two letters of recommendation (at least one of which must be from a STEM instructor) to be sent to Dr. Rodney Powell (Central Carolina Community College, 1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27330).
- Preference will be given to students who reside in Chatham, Harnett or Lee counties.
- Students must enroll as a full-time student at CCCC continuously until completion of the degree program.
- Students must maintain an overall GPA of 2.8 or they will be suspended from the program and will be required to re-apply for a subsequent academic year. Students who participate and maintain the GPA will retain the scholarship from year one to year two without needing to reapply.
- Students must attend activities (college visits, seminars, study sessions) and meetings.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: