New AAPC local chapter opens in Sanford
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
SANFORD - Advancing the Business of Healthcare (AAPC), the nation's largest credentialing association for the business side of medicine, has a new local chapter hosted at Central Carolina Community College's Lee Main Campus in Sanford.
Local chapters provide an opportunity for health care professionals to meet together regularly to share common interests, questions, information, and concerns. Local chapters are also integral to providing valuable feedback on programs, training, and current trends facing the health care community. The Sanford local chapter leadership includes:
- President: Maryann Aucompaugh, Department Chair, Business Technologies, Central Carolina Community College.
- Vice President: Tina Gross, Owner/Operator Gross Farms.
- Secretary/Treasurer: Kelly Cross, Administrative Assistant, UNC Health.
- Education Officer: Dawn Harris, Senior Pre-bill Coder/Auditor, UNC Health.
- New Member Development Officer: Renetta Murchison
"AAPC local chapters are crucial for our industry: they're at the grass roots where true networking and education take place," said Jason VandenAkker, AAPC CEO. "Our members receive assistance and encouragement from those who have 'done it' before them. We're very proud of our local chapter officers who volunteer to promote the profession and give back to others because someone gave to them."
Local chapters provide an education forum, offer networking opportunities, and a place where less-experienced members can interact, learn, and be mentored by those more experienced.
Interested individuals can join the Sanford local chapter on Dec. 12 at 6 p.m. for the launch chapter meeting at Wilkinson Hall Room 210 on the CCCC Lee Main Campus in Sanford. More information about AAPC certification and local chapters is available online at www.aapc.com or contact Sanford local chapter President Maryann Aucompaugh at 919-718-7464.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018