CCCC's YES provides enrichment opportunities in Harnett County
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
Central Carolina Community College's Youth Enrichment Series (YES) program is offering a variety of summer enrichment courses this summer in Harnett County.
Adventures in Math (grades K-4), Babysitter Certificate (grades 8-12), Cheerleading Camp I (grades 5-8), Cheerleading Camp II (grades 5-8), Culinary Teen Baking (grades 5-12), Culinary Teen Cooking (grades 5-12), Discover Your Sound and Create Impactful Music (grades K-4 and 5-8), Exploring Pet Sitting and Pet Care (grades 5-8 and 9-12), Four Stories in Four Days (grades 5-8), Glamorous Girls (Glitz to Glam) (grades 5-8 and 9-12), Kids Cooking Camp - two sessions (grades K-4), My Career Future (grades 9-12), and Technology Engineering Camp (grades 5-8 and 9-12) are the summer enrichment courses offered in Harnett County.
The CCCC YES program summer schedule includes the following programs in Chatham and Lee counties:
- In Chatham County: Adventures in Art (grades 5-8), Adventures in Math (grades K-4), Babysitter Certificate (grades 8-12), Culinary Teen Baking (grades 5-12), Culinary Teen Cooking (grades 5-12), Explore and Learn Summer Camp (grades 5-8), Kids Cooking Camp - two sessions (grades K-4), and My Career Future (grades 9-12)
- In Lee County, Adventures in Math (grades K-4), Babysitter Certificate (grades 8-12), Basketball Camp - two sessions (grades 5-8), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (grades 9-12), Culinary Teen Baking (grades 5-12), Culinary Teen Cooking (grades 5-12), Four Stories in Four Days (grades 5-8), Kids Cook Camp - two sessions (grades K-4), My Career Future (grades 9-12), Robotics (grades 5-8), and Spa Bootcamp for Girls - two sessions (grades 5-8).
In addition, an Environmental Exploration Day is set for rising freshmen through rising juniors in Chatham, Harnett, and Lee counties who are interested in Wildlife and Conservation, Fisheries, Sustainable Materials and Technology, Parks and Recreation, and Tourism Management. CCCC and the Natural Resources program at N.C. State University have partnered to offer a one-day event on the N.C. State campus.
Scholarships are available for those who meet the criteria for financial assistance on a first-come, first-serve basis.
All participants in the Summer Youth Enrichment Series must have an emergency medical form and YES registration form on file in the CCCC Continuing Education office no later than five days prior to the first day of class. Forms can be completed by downloading them from the CCCC website at www.cccc.edu/yes.
"We're very excited about the YES camp offerings for summer 2016," says Kristy Baggett, CCCC Director of Personal Enrichment and Youth Summer Programs. "Our focus is to provide camps that expose students to future opportunities. We do that by providing fun, interactive, and engaging camps for students."
Anyone interested should contact the CCCC ECD Student Support Center (SSC) at 919-718-7500 for registration and information regarding the Youth Enrichment Series. The SSC is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
For more information on Central Carolina Community College, visit www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019