CCCC bond projects progressing
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
click image to enlarge ⊗
Plans are progressing on the four Central Carolina Community College bond projects that were approved ... (more)
SANFORD - Plans are progressing on the four Central Carolina Community College bond projects that were approved by Lee County voters in November 2014.
"These projects are moving along very well," said Dr. Phillip Price, CCCC's Vice President of Administrative Services. "I am been extremely pleased with the outstanding CCCC team who have been working together to make these the best possible projects for our students and citizens. The architect and engineer teams have also been extremely helpful and have developed a lot of great ideas for these projects."
Hobbs Architects, PA is working on the schematic design phase for each of the construction projects. The State Construction Office in Raleigh must give its approval to the various design phases for projects.
Thirty days have been allocated for their review of the schematic design documents, 30 days for their review of the design development report, and 60 days for their review of the construction documents phase.
Once reviews are complete and approvals given, the projects are scheduled in phases.
The four projects include:
- Construction of the Lee Health Sciences Center. Construction is scheduled to begin in December 2016 with completion in March 2018.
- Expansion and renovation of the Veterinary Medical Technology facility. Construction is scheduled to begin in October 2016 with completion in November 2017.
- Renovation and expansion of the Emergency Services Training Center and the Lee County Campus. ESTC construction is scheduled to begin in September 2016 with completion in May 2017. Renovations on the Lee Campus are to be determined on the priority established by the college and the scheduling of other construction work occurring on campus.
- New construction and renovation at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center. Construction is scheduled to begin in December 2016 with completion in March 2018. Renovations would begin in December 2016 with completion in October 2018.
"The bond money is allowing the College to build new and expanded classroom and lab facilities that will house quality educational programs for our students," said CCCC Board of Trustees Chairman Julian Philpott. "It will also allow CCCC to renovate existing structures that are in need of repair and reconfigure areas to offer more efficient utilization of space.
"We are grateful to the Lee County citizens for their tremendous support of the college over the years," said Philpott. "We thank you for your vote in support of the bonds that will benefit our students and our citizens for many years in the future."
For more information on Central Carolina Community College, visit www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019