Death & Digital Assets program set for Aug. 4
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
PITTSBORO -- "Death & Digital Assets: Creating An Estate Plan For Your Digital Assets" will be presented from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4, at the Chatham Community Library in Pittsboro.
The free program is hosted by the Pittsboro Social Media & Internet Marketing Meetup, in cooperation with the Central Carolina Community College Small Business Center in Pittsboro.
Many people have valuable assets online - cherished family photos, addresses and phone numbers, emails, music, books, social media accounts, business information, and perhaps even an eBay or Etsy business. Does your family know your wishes for these digital assets? Will your family members even be able to retrieve from password-locked computers and mobile devices the phone numbers of your friends to notify them of your death? Does your family know about all the vendors that automatically withdraw from your online bank account, such as Amazon Prime and Netflix?
The Pittsboro Social Media and Internet Marketing Meetup has organized a panel of experts to help people understand the preparations needed to plan their digital estates so that families can honor their wishes and have access to photos, emails, and other valuable assets they have online.
Panelists for the program include:
- Lauren Campbell Maxie, an attorney who specializes in estate planning and administration and business and corporate planning at NC Planning, a service of Adams Howell, Sizemore & Lenfestey, PA in Raleigh.
- Karen Krasner Allen, owner of Raleigh-based Phoenix Resource Management, which helps individuals and professionals identify, access, update, create, and organize vital personal information and documents necessary for use during medical, legal, financial, and crisis events.
- Nancy Stolfo-Corti is a community relations coordinator and managing partner at Senior Helpers in Durham. She has an MBA in marketing and more than 30 years of experience in the care and hospice industry.
For more information on this event, contact the CCCC Small Business Center in Pittsboro at 919-545-8013.
People can RSVP for the event at http://www.meetup.com/Social-Media-and-Internet-Marketing-Meetup/events/223349178
For more information on the Central Carolina Community College Small Business Center, visit http://www.cccc.edu/ecd/business-industry/small-business-center/.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022