CCCC's YES provides enrichment opportunities
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
SANFORD - Are you looking for a summer enrichment program for your child? If so, the Central Carolina Community College Youth Enrichment Series (YES) may be what you're seeking.
The CCCC YES program summer schedule includes a variety of exciting exploration camps. They include:
- In Chatham County: Babysitter Certificate (ages 14 & up), Exercise Activity Day on the Pittsboro Trail (ages 11-13), Explore and Learn Summer Camp (ages 9-12), Healthcare Career Exploration (ages 11 & up), and Kids Cooking Camp (ages 5-7).
- In Harnett County, Babysitter Certificate (ages 14 & up), Creative Speaking and Writing (ages 11-17), Entrepreneur Boot Camp (ages 11-17), Four Stories In Four Days (ages 11-13), and Healthcare Career Exploration (ages 11 & up).
- In Lee County, Adventures in Mathematics and Reading (ages 5-7), Babysitter Certificate (ages 14 & up), Ballroom Dance (ages 5-10, 11-13, and 11 & up), Beginning German (ages 11-13), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (ages 11-13), Culinary Teen Baking (ages 10-15), Culinary Teen Cooking (ages 10-15), Healthcare Career Exploration (ages 11 & up), Math Refresher (ages 11-13), Reading Camp (rising first and second graders, ages 5-7), and Singer Songwriter (ages 11-13 and 14 & up).
In addition, a basketball camp and a football camp for ages 11-13 are being offered in Lee County.
Registration for the Summer Youth Enrichment Series begins Monday, Feb. 2.
Scholarships - first-come, first-serve - are available for the summer Youth Enrichment Series. Only one child per family will be awarded a scholarship.
All participants in the Summer Youth Enrichment Series must have an emergency medical forum and YES registration form on file in the CCCC Continuing Education office no later than five days prior to the first day of class. Forms can be completed by downloading them from the CCCC website at www.cccc.edu/yes.
Registration information is available online at https://webadvisor.cccc.edu ("YES" - course code number search).
Anyone interested should contact the CCCC ECD Student Support Center at 919-718-7500 for registration and information regarding the Youth Enrichment Series. The SSC is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday.
CCCC also is offering a variety of youth spring workshops. They include:
- Financial Aid Workshop (free): March 14 on the Lee County Campus, April 18 on the Harnett County Campus, and May 2 on the Chatham County Campus.
- High Tech/High Touch Laser and Photonics ($10): Feb. 7 on the Harnett County Campus.
- Robotics ($25): April 11 on the Lee County Campus and April 25 on the Harnett County Campus.
- SAT/ACT College Prep ($25): Feb. 14, March 14, and May 2 on the W.B. Wicker Campus in Sanford.
For further information or to sign-up for one of the spring workshops, contact Wrenn Crowe, CCCC Student Outreach and Recruiting Specialist, at 919-718-7443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Central Carolina Community College, visit www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021