TSWDB holds awards banquet
click image to enlarge ⊗
Gordon Springle, Triangle South Workforce Development Board Chief Elected Official from Harnett County, ... (more)
LILLINGTON - The 8th Annual Triangle South Workforce Development Board (TSWDB) Awards Banquet was held Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019, at the Central Carolina Community College (CCCC) Harnett Health Sciences Center in Lillington.
The following awards were presented:
* Outstanding Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) In-School Youth Award: Alexis Anders (Sampson County).
* Outstanding WIOA Out of School Youth Award: Patience Burgess (Chatham County).
* Outstanding WIOA Adult Award: Shaneshia Dawkins (Harnett County).
* Outstanding WIOA Dislocated Worker Award: Chanda Nettles (Chatham County).
* Outstanding Employer Award: Mountaire Farms (Chatham County).
* Outstanding NCWorks Career Center Staff Award: Drew Long (Lee County).
* Outstanding Board Member Award: Edward Timmons (Sampson County).
* NCWorks Career Center Certifications were presented to TSWDB Career Center Managers.
* Rosalind Cross, TSWDB Director, was presented with the 2019 Team Member of the Year Award. This award was a complete surprise to Cross as she usually selects a member of her team to receive this award each year. Members of the TSWDB staff highlighted several of the TSWDB Director's leadership accomplishments and thanked Cross for her service and unwaivering support of workforce development efforts.
Rosalind Cross was Master of Ceremonies. Welcome/acknowledgements were by Russell Hieb, TSWDB Chair, and Dr. Marcie Dishman, CCCC Associate Vice President of Marketing and External Relations. Gordon Springle, TSWDB Chief Elected Official from Harnett County, presented program accomplishments.
The Triangle South Workforce Development Board is responsible for planning, policy guidance, and oversight of the workforce investment system in Chatham, Harnett, Lee, and Sampson Counties. Its goal is to combine area employment, training and supportive services and programs into a consumer-based, market-driven system that meets the needs of job seekers and employers.
The TSWDB oversees the One-Stop Career Center System, which is the delivery mechanism for comprehensive services for workforce investment system customers. Through planning, data collection, and continuous improvement of programs and services, TSWDB seeks to maximize the efficiency of the local labor market, surpass customers' expectations, and exceed federally required and state determined performance standards.
For more information on the Triangle South Workforce Development Board, visit www.trianglesouthworkforce.com.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019