State Authorization

Central Carolina Community College has been approved by North Carolina to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). SARA is an agreement among member states, districts, and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education. CCCC is approved to serve students in 49 states (all but California), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)

Central Carolina Community College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.

Supervised Field Experience

Courses and programs incorporating a “supervised field experience” are covered by the provisions of SARA. Under SARA a “supervised field experience” means a student learning experience under the oversight of a supervisor, mentor, faculty member or other qualified professional, located in the host state, who has a direct or indirect reporting responsibility to the institution where the student is enrolled, whether or not credit is granted. Examples include practicum, student teaching, or internships. However, see below regarding programs for licensed professions.

Student Grievance Procedure

The purpose of the student grievance procedure is to provide a system to channel student complaints against a college employee. Such complaints include academic grades, alleged discrimination, and alleged harassment (see page 51 of 2022-2023 College Catalog).

Contact for Central Carolina Community College

Ken Hoyle, Vice President of Student Services
1105 Kelly Drive
Sanford, NC 27330
Phone: (919) 718-7436

Contact for North Carolina Students

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Student Complaints
University of North Carolina System Office
910 Raleigh Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2688
Phone: (919) 962-4558
North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaint Website
Student Complaint Policy
Student Complaint Form

Contact for Students Residing Outside North Carolina

SARA North Carolina Director
P.O. Box 41349
Raleigh, NC 27629
Phone: (855) 727-2162
SARA North Carolina Website
Student Complaint Process
Student Complaint Form

Contacts for State Portal Entities

Students residing outside of North Carolina while taking online courses at Central Carolina may also file a complaint with their state. Here is a list of agencies in each state responsible for handling complaints regarding out-of-state distance education programs.

Out-Of-State Student Grievance Details

Alabama Commission on Higher Education
P.O. Box 302000
Montgomery, AL 36130-2000
Telephone: (334) 242-1998
Fax: (334) 242-0268
Alabama Complaints


Alaska Commission on Post-Secondary Education
P.O. Box 110505
Juneau, AK 99811-0505
Telephone: (907) 465-2962
Fax: (907) 465-5316
Alaska Complaints


Arizona State Board for Private Post-Secondary Education
1400 W. Washington Street, Room 260
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Telephone: (602) 542-5709
Fax: (602) 542-1253
Arizona Complaints


Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Arkansas Department of Higher Education
114 East Capitol Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72201
Telephone: (501) 371-2000
Arkansas Complaints (See Appendix J)


California Bureau of Private Post-Secondary Education
P.O. Box 980818
W. Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
Telephone: (916) 431-6959
Fax: (916) 263-1895
California Complaints


Colorado Department of Higher Education
1560 Broadway, Suite 1600
Denver, CO 80202
Telephone: (303) 866-2723
Fax: (303) 866-4266
Colorado Complaints


Office of Higher Education
61 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 06105-2326
Telephone: (860) 947-1801
Connecticut Complaints


Delaware Department of Education
Delaware Higher Education Office
John G. Townsend Building
401 Federal Street
Dover, DE 19901
Telephone: (302) 735-4000
Fax: (302) 739-4654
Delaware Complaints

District of Columbia

District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education
Education Licensure Commission
810 First Street, NE, 9th Floor
Washington, DC 20002
Telephone: (202) 442-4343
Alternative Telephone: (202) 442-4465
District of Columbia Complaints


Florida Commission on Independent Education
325 W. Gaines Street, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400
Telephone: (850) 245-0505
Fax: (850) 245-9667
Florida Complaints


Georgia Nonpublic Post-Secondary Education Commission
2082 East Exchange Place #220
Tucker, GA 30084-5334
Telephone: (770) 414-3300
Fax: (770) 414-3309
Georgia Complaints


Hawaii State Board of Education
P.O. Box 2360
Honolulu, HI 96804
Telephone: (808) 933-0910
Fax: (808) 933-8845
Hawaii Complaints


Idaho State Board of Education
Attn: State Coordinator for Private Colleges and Proprietary Schools
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0037
Telephone: (208) 334-2270
Fax: (208) 334-2632
Idaho Complaints


Associate Director for Diversity and Outreach
Illinois Board of Higher Education
1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333
Springfield, IL 62701-1377
Telephone: (217) 782-2551
Fax: (217) 782-8548
Illinois Complaints


Academic Programs Manager
Indiana Commission for Higher Education
101 West Ohio Street, Suite 550
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1984
Telephone: (317) 232-1320
Fax: (317) 233-4219
Indiana Complaints


Iowa College Student Aid Commission
430 East Grand Avenue, FL 3
Des Moines, IA 50309
Telephone: (515) 725-3400
Fax: (515) 725-3401
Iowa Complaints


Kansas Board of Regents
1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612-1368
Telephone: (785) 296-4917
Fax: (785) 296-7052
Kansas Complaints


CPE Consumer Complaint
Council on Post-Secondary Education
1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
Telephone: (502) 573-1555
Fax: (502) 573-1535
Kentucky Complaints


SARA Student Complaints
Louisiana Board of Regents
P.O. Box 3677
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3677
Telephone: (225) 342-4253
Fax: (225) 342-9318
Louisiana Complaints


SARA Complaints
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
Telephone: (207) 624-6600
Fax: (207) 624-6700
Maine Complaints


Consumer Protection Division
Office of Attorney General
200 Saint Paul Place
Baltimore, MD 21202
Telephone: (410) 260-4500
Fax: (800) 974-0203
Maryland Complaints


Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
One Ashburton Place, Room 1401
Boston, MA 02108
Telephone: (617) 994-6950
Fax: (617) 727-0955
Massachusetts Complaints


State of Michigan
Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities, & Commercial Licensing Bureau Administrative Services Section-Complaint Intake
P.O. Box 30018
Lansing, MI 48909
Telephone: (517) 373-1820
Fax: (517) 373-2129
Michigan Complaints


Institutional Registration & Licensing
Minnesota Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108-5227
Telephone: (651) 642-0567
Fax: (651) 642-0675
Minnesota Complaints


Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
Student Complaints
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211-6453
Telephone: (601) 432-6372
Fax: (601) 432-6225
Mississippi Complaints


Missouri Department of Higher Education
205 Jefferson Street
P.O. Box 1469
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1469
Telephone: (573) 526-1577
Fax: (573) 751-6635
Missouri Complaints (See Complaint Resolution Policy PDF)


Montana Board of Regents
Office of Commissioner of Higher Education
Montana University System
2500 Broadway Street
P.O. Box 203201
Helena, MT 59620-3201
Telephone: (406) 444-6570
Montana Complaints


Nebraska's Coordinating Commission for Post-Secondary Education
ATTN: Complaints
P.O. Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005
Telephone: (402) 471-2847
Fax: (402) 471-2886
Nebraska Complaints


Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs
SARA Portal Agency
Nevada System of Higher Education
2601 Enterprise Road
Reno, NV 89512
Telephone: (702) 486-7330
Fax: (702) 486-7340
Nevada Complaints

New Hampshire

New Hampshire Department of Education
101 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301-3494
Telephone: (603) 271-3494
New Hampshire Complaints

New Jersey

Secretary of Higher Education
New Jersey Higher Education
P.O. Box 542
Trenton, NJ 08625-0542
Telephone: (609) 588-3266
New Jersey Complaints

New Mexico

New Mexico Higher Education Department
2048 Galisteo Street
Santa Fe, NM, 87505-2100
Telephone: (505) 476-8400
Fax: (505) 476-8453
New Mexico Complaints

New York

New York State Education Department, Office of Higher Education
New Your Office of College and University Evaluation
EBA Room 960
Albany, NY 12234
Telephone: (518) 474-2593
Fax: (518) 486-2779
New York Complaints

North Carolina

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
C/O Student Complaints
University of North Carolina System Office
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27515-2688
Telephone: (919) 962-4550
North Carolina Complaints

North Dakota

Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs
North Dakota University System
600 East Boulevard Avenue
Bismarck, ND 58505-0230
Telephone: (701) 328-3180
Fax: (701) 328-1255
North Dakota Complaints


Ohio Department of Higher Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Telephone: (614) 466-2752
Fax: (614) 466-2219
Ohio Complaints


Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Telephone: (405) 225-9100
Oklahoma Complaints


Higher Education Coordinating Commission
ATTN: Complaints - SARA
775 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
Telephone: (503) 947-5600
Fax: (503) 378-5156
Oregon Complaints


Pennsylvania Department of Education
333 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17126
Telephone: (717) 783-6137
Fax: (717) 783-6139
Pennsylvania Complaints

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rick Council on Education (Consejo de Educacion de Puerto Rico)
P.O. Box 19900
San Juan, PR 00910-1900
Telephone: (787) 641-7100
Fax: (787) 641-2573
Puerto Rico Complaints

Rhode Island

Office of Post-Secondary Commissioner
560 Jefferson Blvd.
Warwick, RI 02886-1304
Telephone: (401) 456-6008
Rhode Island Complaints

South Carolina

South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
Academic Affairs
1122 Lady Street, Suite 300
Columbia, SC 29201
Telephone: (803) 737-2260
Fax: (803) 737-2297
South Carolina Complaints

South Dakota

South Dakota Board of Regents
306 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
Telephone: (605) 773-3455
Fax: (803) 737-2297
South Dakota Complaints


DPSA Complaints
Tennessee Higher Education Commission
Parkway Towers, Suite 1900
Nashville, TN 37243-0830
Telephone: (615) 741-3605
Fax: (615)741-6230
Tennessee Complaints


Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Office of General Counsel
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, TX 78711-2788
Telephone: (512) 427-6101
Contact Form
Texas Complaints


Utah System of Higher Education
Board of Regents Building
The Gateway
600 South 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Telephone: (801) 530-6601
Fax: (801) 530-6001
Utah Complaints


Post-Secondary Approvals
Vermont Agency of Education
219 North Main Street, Suite 402
Barre, VT 05641
Telephone: (802) 828-3135
Vermont Complaints


State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
James Monroe Building
101 N. 14th Street, 10th FL
Richmond, VA 23219
Telephone: (804) 371-2285
Fax: (804) 225-2604
Virginia Complaints


Washington Student Achievement Council
917 Lakeridge Way SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Telephone: (360) 753-7869
Washington Complaints

West Virginia

West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
1018 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301
Telephone: (304) 558-4016
West Virginia Complaints


University of Wisconsin System
Academic Programs and Educational Innovation
1612 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706
Telephone: (608) 266-1996
Fax: (608) 264-8477
Wisconsin Complaints


Wyoming Community College Commission
2300 Capital Ave, 5th Floor, Suite B
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Telephone: (307) 777-5712
Wyoming Complaints

How To File a Complaint with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
Phone: (404) 679-4500
SACSCOC Complaint Policy

Appealing a Grade

Students have the right to appeal any grade within fifteen (15) class days after the posted date of the grade. The procedure prescribed for a student to exercise the right to appeal a grade can be found on the Student Records and Registrar's Policies site.

Professional Licensure and Certification

Currently, Central Carolina Community College does not offer an online program that leads to professional licensure. The college’s licensure and certification programs are either tied to the State of North Carolina or are national certifications. If you are considering a program at Central Carolina Community College that leads to licensure or certification and you do not live in North Carolina review the Professional Licensure and Certification information online and if you still have questions contact the lead instructor for that program.

View the Licensure List to learn about the appropriate licensing or certification organization for your program.