College Connections Experience Free First Year Experience
The College Connections Experience is a no-cost program designed to offer a cohort of incoming freshmen the chance to prepare for college life, focus on career exploration, earn free summer course credit, enrich their academic skills, and have FUN with new friends! This cohort will have additional opportunities beyond the summer to earn micro credentials and stay engaged socially during their time at college.
8-Week Summer Semester Schedule June 7 – August 3 (three full days per week)
- COLLEGE CREDIT: Take 1 college level course
- MICRO-CREDENTIALS: Including professional writing, time management, self-advocacy, and more
- Experiential and Project-Based Learning Activities
- Higher Education Workshops
- Learning Recovery
- Learning Community Model
- Early Introduction to Academic Advisors
- Program-Specific Success Coach
- Free Laptops! Activities! Food! FUN!!
Cristy Holmes Associate Dean of University Transfer and Academic Advising (919) 718-7225 email@example.com