The Upward Bound (UB) program is a federally-funded educational program which provides free services to high school students in preparation for college.
The Upward Bound program at CCCC serves 60 Harnett County high school students and 60 Lee County high school students. Students may apply to the program in 8th, 9th, 10th, or 11th grade, but must be in 9th grade or higher to enroll in the program.
If you are interested in participating in the Upward Bound program, please follow the instructions below in order to complete the application process. Please note that your application cannot be processed without completing all of the requested information.
- Complete the entire application by supplying all required information as outlined:
- Complete the Family Income section and submit a copy of 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ Income Tax Return for parent(s)/legal guardian(s) for the previous year.
- Include a typed, one-page personal statement about your interests, ambitions, and goals after high school.
- Sign the Release of Information Authorization.
- Sign the Parent/Guardian Certification indicating that your application is complete and accurate.
- Return the completed application to: Upward Bound, College Access Programs/TRIO, Central Carolina Community College, 1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27330.
Download a hard-copy of the full application here: Upward Bound Application.
Once your application has been received, you will be notified by mail of your application status. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (919) 718-7576. Thank you for your interest in Upward Bound!