CCCC's Creative Writing program to host open mic night
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
PITTSBORO - The Central Carolina Community College Creative Writing program invites the public to join writers of prose and poetry for its spring open mic night.
The event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 3, in the Mary Hayes Holmes Meeting Room at the Chatham Community Library, 197 N.C. Highway 87, Pittsboro. Light hors d'oeuvres will be provided.
This spring's event is dedicated to the late Bonnie Korta. She was an active member of the creative writing community, and among her many published works and accolades was awarded the 2017 North Carolina Poetry Society (NCPS) Poet Laureate Award. She was a founding member of the CCCC Creative Writing program Open Mic event.
Notes to writers who plan to read:
- Sign in when you arrive.
- Read in the order you signed in (if you want to read later in the evening, sign at the bottom of the page).
- Plan on a total of six minutes for your turn -- including any introductions, background information, and closing remarks you wish to make.
For more information on the CCCC Creative Writing program, visit www.cccc.edu/creativewriting.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019