CCCC joins SECU for scholarship opportunity
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
SANFORD - A scholarship to help remove financial barriers for students seeking to gain new and/or upgrade current job related skills has been established by Central Carolina Community College, the State Employees' Credit Union, and the SECU Foundation.
The $750 award would be applied to the student's account to pay for registration and certification fees, books, course supplies, and other education expenses.
To be considered for this scholarship program, a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen and a North Carolina resident living in the college's service area (Chatham, Harnett, and Lee counties).
- Be in one of the following target groups: unemployment insurance claimants, unemployed and underemployed adults, member of the N.C. National Guard, or military veterans and spouses. Underemployed is defined as individuals earning 200 percent below the federal poverty level.
- Be enrolled in a short-term training program that ends by Dec. 31 and leads to an occupational-specific, state-regulated, or industry-recognized credential that is offered through Continuing Education.
- Not be a Director, employee, or family member of an employee of the State Employees' Credit Union or SECU Foundation.
Preference will be given to students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs.
Applications, which are due Sept. 23, are available at the following locations -- the CCCC Economic and Community Development Division (ECD) Student Support Center on the Lee Main Campus, and at the CCCC Continuing Education offices at the Chatham Main and Harnett Main Campuses. Students should download the application at www.cccc.edu/ecd.
For more information on the scholarship, call CCCC at 919-718-7500, 910-814-8823, or 919-545-8044.
For more information on CCCC, visit the college's website at www.cccc.edu.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018