CCCC's Red Clay Review sets Feb. 16 deadline
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
SANFORD - Turn on your computer or sharpen your pencil - Central Carolina Community College's Red Clay Review is seeking submissions for its 2015 edition. Deadline for entries is Feb. 16.
The Red Clay Review is the college's annual literary and visual arts magazine that highlights the talents not only of CCCC students, but also those of the greater CCCC community. Those associated with the college in the past or present as well as past or current residents in the college's service area of Chatham, Harnett, and Lee counties are invited to submit writing and/or two-dimensional art for the Review.
"Destination" is the theme for the 2015 Review, so poetry, short fiction, creative non-fiction, and two-dimensional art related in some way to "destination" can be submitted for consideration. Prizes will be given for the best prose, poetry, and cover art.The submission guidelines include:
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Prose submissions (fiction or creative non-fiction) are limited to 1,500 words and should be typed and double-spaced. No more than two works, please.
- Poetry is limited to three submissions, no more than 80 lines per poem.
- In the upper left-hand corner of only the first page of each submission, please list your name, address, and phone number.
- Electronic submissions in .docx or .rtf format are required for prose and poetry categories.
- Cover contest submissions must be 2-D art in a high-quality digital file. Limited to three submissions.
"We are very excited about the upcoming destination-themed issue," said Red Clay Review Coordinator Summerlin Page. "Red Clay Review brings the community and college together in a celebration of written and visual arts, and it also offers an opportunity for both seasoned writers and those just starting out to present their work."
Send submissions and inquiries to email@example.com or contact Page at 919-718-7270.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021