CCCC's Marcie Dishman receives NCMPR honor
Notice: This article is older than 12 months. Names, contact information, programs, titles, etc. might have changed. If you have any problems please call the main college number, 1-800-682-8353, and we will be happy to direct you accordingly.
click image to enlarge ⊗
Marcie Dishman, Central Carolina Community College's Executive Director of Marketing and Public Affairs, ... (more)
SANFORD - Marcie Dishman, Central Carolina Community College's Executive Director of Marketing and Public Affairs, has been awarded the National Council for Marketing & Public Relations (NCMPR) District 2 Communicator of the Year. District 2 includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and The Bahamas
This is one of the most prestigious awards presented to an NCMPR member, recognizing a two-year college marketing, public relations or communications professional who has demonstrated leadership or ability in the area of college communications and marketing.
"I am honored to receive this award in recognition of the work we are doing at CCCC," said Dishman, who now will be considered for the national Communicator of the Year honor. "I am truly fortunate to work alongside a team of such talented and dedicated professionals at the college."
Dishman has received numerous accolades from college officials.
"Central Carolina Community College is all about serving and enriching the lives of our students, communities, and beyond," said CCCC President Dr. Bud Marchant. "I know that we could not have achieved the excellence we have without Marcie Dishman on our team."
Marchant said he has been profoundly impressed by Dishman's knowledge, commitment, enthusiasm, focus, and outstanding ability to lead her department to remarkable achievements in promoting and presenting the college, its mission, and vision.
Linda Scuiletti, CCCC's Associate Vice President of Student Learning and Strategic Planning, said Dishman's outstanding communication skills have transformed every aspect of the college's image and public face. "She has inspired her team in their efforts to modernize and update our website, logo, social media presence, and all college materials, while holding all products to a cohesive design and an exceptionally high quality standard," said Scuiletti.
"The college aspires to be a world-class leader in the fulfillment of our mission, and Marcie personifies the level of quality and professionalism needed to reach this goal in all her activities. She is one of the beacons that truly inspire all of her colleagues to do the same."
Emily Hare, Executive Director of the CCCC Foundation, noted that the Marketing and Public Affairs Department, under Dishman's guidance, has been a tremendous asset to the growth of the CCCC Foundation. "Marcie has done a phenomenal job in her role at the college," said Hare. "She has made the Foundation shine in ways never seen before. She has a remarkable marketing instinct."
Since Dishman arrived at the college in 2008, the Marketing and Public Affairs Department has won more than 10 awards -- including the NCMPR's prestigious Gold Paragon for the college's logo design in 2013. At the recent NCMPR District 2 award reception held in Nashville, Tenn., CCCC took gold medallion honors for its college branding initiative, marketing and communications plan, and social media campaign.
Dishman's accomplishments at the college have included:
- Directed and improved brand identity of the college through a comprehensive rebranding effort, including the creation of an award-winning logo, and development of the institution's first graphic standards and style guide.
- Led her staff in the development and launch of an appealing and user-friendly college website, including extensive research with over 770 individuals in order to determine user needs.
- Directed the creation of numerous publications, radio and television spots, billboards, and videos to promote the college.
- Initiated the use of social media as a marketing tool.
- Implemented an integrated marketing approach across all college divisions and departments.
- Presented on topics such as branding, logo and website development, generational marketing, and leadership at regional and national conferences.
Dishman is a recipient of the Helen Jones Devitt Graduate Fellowship at Texas Tech University and a member of the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, an organization that recognizes graduate students in the upper 10 percent of their class. She currently is working on her doctoral degree in Higher Education through Texas Tech University.
For more information on Central Carolina Community College, visit the college website at www.cccc.edu or call 919-775-5401.
- Admin, Faculty & Staff Category
- Arts & Entertainment Category
- Clubs Category
- College & Community Category
- College General Category
- Continuing Education Category
- Curriculum Programs Category
- Distance Education Programs Category
- Facilities/Buildings Category
- Finances Category
- Foundation Category
- Graduations Category
- Lee Early College Category
- NCCCS Category
- SGA Category
- Special Events Category
- Sports Category
- Students/Graduates Category
- Uncategorized Category
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021