Job Corps Scholars Program
The Job Corps Scholars Program is a federally-funded program aimed at providing youth from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds with job skills instruction, educational opportunities, and individualized personal and employment counseling. The primary goal of the program is to assist participants in earning in-demand, industry recognized credentials in less than a year and assists them with obtaining employment.
- Earn in-demand, industry recognized credentials in less than a year
- Exposure to leadership, cultural & enrichment activities
- Financial Assistance to cover tuition, fees, and all required course materials
- Counseling services to support and facilitate employment & career success
- Information, activities, & instruction to build essential & independent living skills
- Education & counseling to improve financial & economic literacy
- Be between the ages of 16-24 years, at the time of enrollment
- Be registered with Selective Service (18 and over)
- footnote 1
- Member of a low income family
- footnote 1 the majority of Central Carolina Job Corps Scholars Program participants must reside within specific zip codes with these 3 counties. However, if you are interested in the program and live outside of these areas, please inquire as we might be able to meet your needs. back to footnote 1 content
Job Corps Scholars Program
Job Corps Scholars (JCS) is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps youth from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds between the ages of 16-24 to improve their quality of lives through academic and career technical training. The program provides intensive counseling services to support and facilitate each student’s employment and career success. Job Corps’ mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further educational opportunities.
Job Corps Scholars Program at CCCC
Central Carolina Community College Job Corps Scholars Program will serve 80 CCCC students throughout all CCCC campuses (Lee, Harnett and Chatham). Students are required to complete their educational training programs within one year. The second year of participation within the program will focus on job placement assistance. Supportive services available to participants include financial assistance to cover tuition, fees, and all required course material, personal and employment counseling, and additional financial assistance with child care and transportation. Participants also have the opportunity to earn merit-based stipends and bonuses.
Office location: Lee Main Campus,
Guided Studies Building, Offices 7/8
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.