Electrical Systems Technology
Starting in Fall 2019, CCCC is excited to offer a new Associate in Applied Science Degree in Electrical Systems Technology (ELC) on the Chatham Main Campus in Pittsboro, NC. This area of study prepares students to install and maintain electrical systems found in residential, commercial, and industrial settings. The program combines hands on training with classroom instruction that will provide the knowledge and skills students need to succeed in the growing electrical field.
- Hands on training. Students will install and maintain electrical systems using the latest technology and will also have an opportunity to install electrical systems in the Chatham Cottage, a 500+ square foot home that the college constructs and auctions each year.
- A.A.S. graduates may receive 2,000 hours of credit towards the North Carolina Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors, www.ncbeec.org, required four years (4,000 hours) of experience to take the electrical contractor's exam.
- The curriculum will be offered as a five-semester Associate in Applied Science (AAS), sequence. Graduates will have the knowledge, hands-on skills, and experience expected of an entry-level candidate in the electrical sector and can enter the job market upon graduation.
What Students Learn
- Develop fluency in the use of electrical tools and equipment, materials, and working safely.
- Training in AC/DC theory, wiring practices, print reading, electrical calculations, the National Electric Code, programmable logic controllers, and industrial motor controls.
- Implement communication skills and professional demeanor to advance best work practices.
- Develop skills in print reading, estimating, codes and regulations relevant to the electrical industry.
- Establish connections and relationships with businesses and potential employers.
Meet with an adviser
For more information, or to make an appointment with an Electrical Systems Technologies Advisor, please contact Drew Goodson, Dean of Career and Technical Education, at (919) 718-7445 or email@example.com.