Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology
This area of study prepares students to design, install, and service, heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment found in residential and light commercial settings. The program combines hands on training with classroom instruction that will provide the knowledge and skills students need to succeed in the growing field of heating, ventilation, and air condition.
- Hands on training. Students will service and maintain heating and air conditioning equipment using the latest technology.
- Students will have an opportunity to earn their EPA certification required for refrigerant handling.
- Students will become proficient in electrical, sheet metal, and piping.
- The curriculum is offered as a six-semester Associate in Applied Science (AAS), sequence.
- Graduates will have the knowledge, hands-on skills, and experience expected of an entry-level candidate in the heating and air conditioning sector and can enter the job market upon graduation.
What Students Learn
- Develop fluency in the use of HVAC specific tools, equipment, materials, and working safely.
- How to install and service heating and cooling equipment.
- Introduction to the design of residential heating and cooling systems.
- Details of the building code as it relates to heating and cooling.
- Implement communication skills and professional demeanor to advance best work practices.
- Establish connections and relationships with businesses and potential employers.
Meet with an adviser
For more information, or to make an appointment with an Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technologies Advisor, please contact Dave Myers, Lead Instructor - A/C, Heating, Refrigeration and Welding Instructor, at (919) 718-7392 or email@example.com.
- Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Technology, Associate in Applied Science Technology (A35100)
- Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Core I, Certificate (C35100C1)
- Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Core II, Certificate (C35100C2)
- Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Basic, Certificate (C35100B)
- Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Technology-Intermediate, Certificate (C35100I)
- Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Technology, Diploma (D35100)
Program Info Sheets
Curriculum guides are for students who enroll during the current academic year. Students enrolled during a previous academic year should visit the Program Evaluation link in Self-Service to find the required list of courses for graduation. For assistance, consult your advisor.