Name these now famous people whose writing made a difference. Click the question to see the answer.
1. They were in love. They wrote lab notes in the same notebook and papers about their discovery of two new elements, polonium and radium.
Pierre & Marie Curie
2. In 1905, he wrote a three-page paper with a formula that revolutionized scientific thinking.
3. He was easily the best note taker in the world. His diary contained more than 5 million pages. His notes helped him to become the world's most famous inventor.
4. She wrote about the "rivers of death" that the chemical industry was pouring into the country's water supply. Her book became the most influential book on the environment of the last 50 years.
5. He wrote more than 15,000 letters and challenged the world's views of man's origins.
6. His 200 page doctoral thesis, Banked Blood: A Study in Blood Preservation, revolutionized the treatment of people around the world who need blood transfusions.
Dr. Charles Drew
7. She created NASA's Office of Exploration and wrote a report about the future of the space program. She has written five children's books to encourage young women to study science and math.
8. Love peanut butter? He invented 300 products just from the peanut and wrote bulletins telling people how to use and survive on plants.
George Washington Carver
9. Her book was rejected by 12 publishers before it was published. Her series of books about a boy wizard has made her one of the world's richest women.
10. Her observations of gorillas broke new ground and overturned the movie stereotype of gorillas as savage, aggressive beasts. She wrote about her experiences in Gorillas in the Mist.