Central Carolina Cares!
In an Emergency, dial 911, and then notify CCCC Security.
For students experiencing a medical or life threatening emergency, call 911. If you need the police, ask for a CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) officer. CIT officers have received training in assisting persons experiencing mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and substance use challenges. These officers have also received training in situation de-escalation.
Campus Security and Local Police/Sheriff Offices
Harnett Co. Sheriff
Lillington Police Dept.
Dunn Police Dept.
Lee Co. Sheriff
Sanford Police Dept.
(919) 542-8066 or (919) 542-8011
(919) 545-8680 or (919) 545-8661
Connecting with Resources
The Cougar Market, CCCC's Food Pantry aspires to support student success by ensuring that no student goes hungry because of a lack of income or access to food. The Cougar Market is stocked with non-perishable snacks and meal items to temporarily alleviate immediate food insecurity for students and their families. In cases of persistent lack of access to food, Cougar Market works with students to connect them to appropriate community resources.
What to Know:
- Any currently enrolled student can access the Cougar Market
- The Food Panty is open M-Friday, 9 - 3 p.m. and by appointment - contact email@example.com to set an appointment.
- The Food Pantry is located in the Foundation Suite in the Science Building on the Lee Main Campus
- Can't get to Lee Main Campus? Hunger Free Zones can also be found at the locations listed below. At these locations, you can get immediate access to food and communicate future food-related needs to the noted Hunger Free Zone contact.
Bell Welcome Center
Adam Wade – Admissions
CFC Building, Gym
CCCC Library – Lee Campus
Meagan Little – Student Services
Keller Health Building
Jessica Rogers – TriO
Matt Smith, Bianka Stumpf
Dave Baker, Emily Hare, Lisa Brown
Zilma Lopes/Precious Ward
Harnett Health Sciences
Academic Assistance Center
Jon Matthews and Trinnette Nichols (interim)
CCCC Library – Harnett County
Academic Assistance Center (Main Campus)
Siler City Center
The CCCC Food Pantry operates through donations from students, faculty, staff, and the community and in partnership with the Christians United Outreach Center and the Food Bank of North Carolina.
The Dreamkeeper Fund
The Dreamkeeper Fund provides just-in-time support for students facing emergency expenses that may derail them from completing their education or training program.
What to Know:
- ALL currently enrolled students at CCCC are eligible for the Dreamkeeper Fund
- Students can receive up to $400 once per academic year
- Students must provide documentation of a one-time, time-limited emergency expense
- Eligible expenses included: transportation, childcare, utilities, car repairs, tuition, books, course equipment or supplies, certification expenses, and MORE.
- The Dreamkeeper Committee will respond to applications as quickly as possible, and always within two business days.
You can Apply online to the Dreamkeeper Fund.
Finish Line Grants
In an effort to support student success and completion at NC Community Colleges, Governor Roy Cooper announced the Finish Line Grant Program in July 2018. Many times students are faced with unforeseen financial circumstances that can impact the completion of their education or training program. Up to $1,000 per student is available in Finish Line Grant funding to help students overcome those financial barriers.
What to Know:
- Students currently enrolled in any curriculum program and any occupational continuing education program are eligible for the Finish Line Grant Program.
- Eligible students will have completed 50% of their education or training program and show an economic hardship.
- Students must enroll in the WIOA Adult Program at their local NC Works Center to receive funding from the Finish Line Grant Program. CCCC can help with this process.
- The Finish Line Grant program can help pay for transportation, childcare, tuition, utilities, car repairs, rent costs, and MORE!
Find out more about the Finish Line Grant and apply online.