We schedule seated and hybrid trainings throughout the year that can be viewed on the Professional Development calendar. You may request a training session as hybrid or seated at a different date and time than listed on the Professional Development calendar. We will do our best to accommodate your training needs. Online training sessions are currently available by request. The training provided by The Center for Academic Excellence is only available to current faculty and staff of CCCC.
- Blackboard Level I
- 4 professional development hours
- This training is designed to give you an introduction to the basic components of Blackboard, CCCC's online course management system. This training will provide you with step-by-step tutorials and exercises to prepare you for creating a supplement course to use as a resource for your seated classes.
- Blackboard Level II
- 6 professional development hours
- This training is designed to acquaint you with the fundamentals of using Blackboard, CCCC's online course management system. This training expands on the knowledge already gained in Blackboard Level I training. This training provides you with step-by-step tutorials and exercises to prepare you for developing and teaching your first online course and becoming Blackboard Proficient.
- 1 professional development hours
- This training is designed to introduce you to Camtasia, a screen recording and video editing software. After completing this training, each participant will be able to record his/her computer screen and be able to do basic video customization and editing. This training will be conducted in a location where each participant has access to a computer with Camtasia.
- Cool Tools
- 1 professional development hours
- New technology resources are discovered by the Center for Academic Excellence staff on a regular basis. During this training, we will introduce our current favorites. These resources can enhance both seated and online classes.
Over 100 trainings on-demand in 6 categories, each with a printable completion certificate:
- At-Risk Populations
- Campus Safety
- Organizational Development
- Student Success
- Teaching & Learning
- Go to the Go2Knowledge Website
- Enter Username: cccc
- Enter Password: Go2cccc
- Higher Ed Resources
Your CCCC Library offers access to a world of resources to support your professional development! Find books about teaching and learning, leadership, academia, and more, or search for new research in your field using our databases. Go to: Faculty & Staff Professional Development
- Magna Commons and 20-Minute Mentor Commons
20-Minute Mentor Commons offers on-demand versions of popular 20-Minute Mentor programs, covering a broad range of faculty development topics. Magna Commons offers on-demand versions of Magna's most popular Magna Online Seminars, covering a broad range of topics of interest to faculty & administrators.
How can you access this new resource?
- Contact the Center for Academic Excellence at email@example.com for login instructions including authorization code. You will only need to complete this step once.
- Access the Commons libraries
- Go to www.magnapubs.com/profile
- Enter your email address & password & click Submit. If you do not know or remember your account password, use "Forgot your password?" to reset it.
- On the left side of the screen, under My Account, My Online Access, select Subscriptions. The online content for both Magna Commons & 20-Minute Mentor Commons will be listed to the right. Click the appropriate "View On-Demand Videos" to access the library of your choice.
- McLaughlin Young Group
Take advantage of our valuable on-demand Skill Builder trainings through our EAP provider. Select the Work-Life login and then under Centers on the right, scroll down and click Skill Builder. See the attached document for more information and topics.
- Go to the McLaughlin Young Group Website
- Username: cccc2014
- password: guest
- Additional Training Modules
We are dedicated to providing a variety of resources for our faculty and staff to continue their development. In the Professional Development course within Blackboard, you will find recorded workshops, PowerPoint presentations, and much more to enhance your professional development and lifelong learning.
To access the Professional Development site in Blackboard, login to Blackboard. Next, select Professional Development under the "My Course". Once in the course, select the "Professional Development" in the course menu to be taken to recorded Professional Development sessions and additional e-learning training modules.
- For login assistance, please contact the Center for Academic Excellence at (919) 718-7529.
- Other Training
- Didn't find what you were looking for? Request Specific Training