The Upward Bound Math and Science (UBMS) Program at Central Carolina Community College is a federally-funded educational program which provides FREE services to high school students in preparation for college and careers in the fields of math and science. The UBMS Program at CCCC serves 62+ Harnett County high school students. Students may apply to the program in 8th, 9th, or 10th grade, but must be in the 9th or 10th grade to enroll in the program.
If you are interested in participating in the Upward Bound Math and Science Program, please follow the instructions below in order to complete the application process. Please note that your application cannot be processed without completing all of the requested information.
- Complete the entire application by supplying all required information as outlined.
- Complete the Family Income section and submit a copy of 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ Income Tax Return for parent(s)/legal guardian(s) for the previous year.
- Include a typed, one-page personal statement about your interests, ambitions, and goals after high school.
- Sign the Release of Information Authorization.
- Sign the Parent/Guardian Certification indicating that your application is complete and accurate.
- Submit one (1) Counselor Recommendation Form from a guidance counselor including a recent report card, transcript, and copy of test scores.
- Submit one (1) Teacher Recommendation Form from a math or science teacher.
- Return the completed application to: Upward Bound Math and Science, TRIO Programs, Central Carolina Community College, 1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27330.
Once your application has been received, you will be notified by mail of your application status. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (919) 718-7576. Thank you for your interest in the Upward Bound Math and Science Program!