Placement Testing Policies
The following placement testing policies apply to all students who test at Central Carolina Community College:
- Students must present photo identification in order to take the NCDAP.
- NCDAP scores will be valid to use for placement for five (5) years.
- Students are permitted to take the NCDAP twice within five (5) years. If a student retests, the highest score on each section will be used for advisement and course placement.
- Students are not permitted to take the NCDAP if they are currently enrolled in a developmental course.
- NCDAP scores are transferable to other colleges with permission of the student.
- Additional testing may be required for students, who based upon placement test scores, are placed into Mastering Mathematics or Mastering Reading.
- It is the discretion of the Dean of Admissions and/or the Vice President of Student Services to grant or deny further retesting attempts or testing exemptions.