Central Carolina Promises
FREE Tuition to Qualifying High School Graduates!
All eligible Lee County residents who graduate from a public high school for the years 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 will be guaranteed up to two years of FREE in-state tuition and required fees at Central Carolina Community College.
Textbooks, supplemental materials, and summer terms are not included.
- Resident of Lee County
- Successfully Completed Career and College Promise of at least four high school dual-enrollment courses or 12 credit hours. This requirement is waived for 2018 graduates.
- Public High School Graduate who will attend Central Carolina Community College as a full-time degree-seeking curriculum student beginning the fall semester following his or her high school graduation.
- Complete the FAFSA and Central Carolina Community College Foundation Scholarship Application processes annually.
- Note: Funding from federal and state grants, scholarships, and outside funding must be exhausted before Lee County Promise begins paying.
For questions about the Central Carolina Promise program, please contact (919) 718-7368.
Complete the North Carolina Residency Determination Process
- Visit NC Residency Determination Service to obtain your Residency Certification Number (RCN). Your RCN is used to determine both your tuition rate and eligibility for state grants.
- Your admissions application cannot be processed without completing this step.
Complete the MAP Interest Inventory
- The My Academic Pathway (MAP) Interest Inventory will match your interests and abilities to academic programs here at CCCC.
Complete your Admissions Application
- Submit an application for admission or obtain and complete a printed application from any CCCC campus.
Complete your "Central Carolina Promise" Application
- Submit your Central Carolina Promise application in order to be considered.
- Send ONE scholarship letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a Foundation Scholarship. This letter could be from a teacher, mentor, counselor, supervisor, etc. to recommend you for your future college and career interests. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
Apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The FAFSA is required for all Central Carolina Promise Applicants.
- The FAFSA application can be accessed and completed online.
- CCCC's FAFSA Code is 005449
Submit your Final High School Transcript
- Contact your high school to send official transcripts directly to the Admissions Office.
- If you are a home school student, the home school administrator must provide proof that the home school is certified by the North Carolina Department of Non-Public Instruction and standardized test scores.
Make an Appointment to Meet with an Admissions Specialist
- Admissions Specialists will verify that you have completed all requirements for the Central Carolina Promise Program.
- The Admissions Specialists will also advise you on your chosen academic program and assist you in registering for courses.
- Contact Student Services at (919) 718-7300 to make an appointment.
Attend New Student Orientation
- Students can register for an in-person or online New Student Orientation session.
Program is supported through Lee County and private funding