Central Carolina Promises
Fall 2018 Students: Enrollment Steps 1-6 are required by July 16
FREE Tuition to Qualifying High School Graduates!
All eligible Lee County residents who graduate from a public high school for the years 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 will be guaranteed up to two years of FREE in-state tuition and required fees at Central Carolina Community College.
Textbooks, supplemental materials, and summer terms are not included.
- Resident of Lee County
- Successfully Completed Career and College Promise of at least four high school dual-enrollment courses or 12 credit hours. This requirement is waived for 2018 graduates.
- Public High School Graduate who will attend Central Carolina Community College as a full-time degree-seeking curriculum student beginning the fall semester following his or her high school graduation.
- Complete the FAFSA and Central Carolina Community College Foundation Scholarship Application processes annually.
- Note: Funding from federal and state grants, scholarships, and outside funding must be exhausted before Lee County Promise begins paying.
Complete the North Carolina Residency Determination Process
- Visit NC Residency Determination Service to obtain your Residency Certification Number (RCN). Your RCN is used to determine both your tuition rate and eligibility for state grants.
- Your admissions application cannot be processed without completing this step.
Complete the MAP Interest Inventory
- The My Academic Pathway (MAP) Interest Inventory will match your interests and abilities to academic programs here at CCCC.
Complete your Admissions Application
- Submit an application for admission or obtain and complete a printed application from any CCCC campus.
Complete your "Central Carolina Promise" Application
- Submit your Central Carolina Promise application in order to be considered.
- Send ONE scholarship letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a Foundation Scholarship. This letter could be from a teacher, mentor, counselor, supervisor, etc. to recommend you for your future college and career interests. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
Apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The FAFSA is required for all Central Carolina Promise Applicants.
- The FAFSA application can be accessed and completed online.
- CCCC's FAFSA Code is 005449
Submit your Final High School Transcript
- Contact your high school to send official transcripts directly to the Admissions Office.
- If you are a home school student, the home school administrator must provide proof that the home school is certified by the North Carolina Department of Non-Public Instruction and standardized test scores.
Make an Appointment to Meet with an Admissions Specialist
- Admissions Specialists will verify that you have completed all requirements for the Central Carolina Promise Program.
- The Admissions Specialists will also advise you on your chosen academic program and assist you in registering for courses.
- Make an appointment Online
Attend New Student Orientation
- Students can register for an in-person or online New Student Orientation session.
Program is supported through Lee County and private funding