CCCC offers free N.C. Back-to-Work training
College & Community, College General, Graduations, Students/Graduates
SANFORD - Central Carolina Community College will hold an Information Session on industry workforce certifications that are available for free through the North Carolina Back-to-Work program.
The Information Session takes place 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursday, March 13, in Room 120 at the college's Lifelong Learning Center at W.B. Wicker, 900 South Vance St., Sanford.
For more information and for registration, call 919-777-7794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NC Back-to-Work program provides pre-employment training for specific entry-level, high demand technical jobs. Training will be short-term and focused on skills that lead to industry-recognized or state-regulated credentials.
To qualify for the free training, a person must meet at least one of the following criteria: military veteran, N.C. National Guard member, or an N.C. resident who is unemployed or under-employed. Under-employed means that the person is working and earning wages at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
The grant-funded training options currently being offered are: Fiber Optics (potential for BICSI), Certified Production Technician (Stand Up Forklift), Commercial Driver's License (with road hours), and MIG Welding.
All participants will also have the opportunity to earn the N.C. Career Readiness Certificate and OSHA 10-hour credential.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- CCCC Foundation hosts Furniture Auction
- CCCC spring graduates celebrate big day
- CCCC graduates eight from day BLET program
- CCCC graduates six from BLET evening training program
- Students honored for their accomplishments in CCCC's MADE/WADE program
- CCCC Creative Writing represented in competitions
- Caterpillar Youth Apprentice graduates, inductees recognized
- Second CCCC Foundation Chatham Golf Classic a winner
- CCCC has Pinning Ceremony for Dental Hygiene students
- Students participate in High Touch/High Tech Weekend Workshop