CCCC offers free N.C. Back-to-Work training
College & Community, College General, Graduations, Students/Graduates
SANFORD - Central Carolina Community College will hold an Information Session on industry workforce certifications that are available for free through the North Carolina Back-to-Work program.
The Information Session takes place 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursday, March 13, in Room 120 at the college's Lifelong Learning Center at W.B. Wicker, 900 South Vance St., Sanford.
For more information and for registration, call 919-777-7794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NC Back-to-Work program provides pre-employment training for specific entry-level, high demand technical jobs. Training will be short-term and focused on skills that lead to industry-recognized or state-regulated credentials.
To qualify for the free training, a person must meet at least one of the following criteria: military veteran, N.C. National Guard member, or an N.C. resident who is unemployed or under-employed. Under-employed means that the person is working and earning wages at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
The grant-funded training options currently being offered are: Fiber Optics (potential for BICSI), Certified Production Technician (Stand Up Forklift), Commercial Driver's License (with road hours), and MIG Welding.
All participants will also have the opportunity to earn the N.C. Career Readiness Certificate and OSHA 10-hour credential.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- CCCC announces President's List for Spring 2015 semester
- CCCC announces Dean's List for Spring 2015 semester
- CCCC Foundation Furniture Auction raises thousands for Harnett County students
- Applications being accepted for CCCC's BLET night program
- CCCC Foundation sponsors Patrick Barnes Memorial Poker Run
- CCCC is top four in NCCCS excellence levels
- College and Career Readiness graduation held at Central Carolina Community College
- Harnett Health Science Academy inducts inaugural class
- CCCC prepares students for health care market
- CCCC Natural Chef Program has international flavor