CCCC offers free N.C. Back-to-Work training
College & Community, College General, Graduations, Students/Graduates
SANFORD - Central Carolina Community College will hold an Information Session on industry workforce certifications that are available for free through the North Carolina Back-to-Work program.
The Information Session takes place 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursday, March 13, in Room 120 at the college's Lifelong Learning Center at W.B. Wicker, 900 South Vance St., Sanford.
For more information and for registration, call 919-777-7794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NC Back-to-Work program provides pre-employment training for specific entry-level, high demand technical jobs. Training will be short-term and focused on skills that lead to industry-recognized or state-regulated credentials.
To qualify for the free training, a person must meet at least one of the following criteria: military veteran, N.C. National Guard member, or an N.C. resident who is unemployed or under-employed. Under-employed means that the person is working and earning wages at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
The grant-funded training options currently being offered are: Fiber Optics (potential for BICSI), Certified Production Technician (Stand Up Forklift), Commercial Driver's License (with road hours), and MIG Welding.
All participants will also have the opportunity to earn the N.C. Career Readiness Certificate and OSHA 10-hour credential.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- CCCC Library awarded grant for Harnett Campus
- Constitution Day will be observed at CCCC Harnett Campus
- Community Colleges, Independent Colleges and Universities Sign Revised Agreement Improving the Transfer Process
- Constitution Day will be observed at CCCC Chatham Campus
- CCCC Small Business Center will host Harnett Business Summit
- CCCC VMT program celebrates 50th year of service
- CCCC's Upward Bound Math and Science program sets students on college course
- CCCC nursing graduates find new home at Central Carolina Hospital
- CCCC ranked among best in state, nation
- CCCC Industry Services open enrollment opportunities