Veterans Stand Down event Oct. 12
College & Community, Continuing Education, Special Events, Students/Graduates
Veterans Outreach of North Carolina (VOCNC) hosts a Veterans Stand Down 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Oct 12, at the National Guard Armory, 2214 Nash St., Sanford. The Stand Down will provide information about services available to former military members, including homeless veterans. The Triangle South Workforce Development Board, headquartered at Central Carolina Community College, and the college's Veterans Upward Bound and Barbering programs join with the Veterans Administration, N.C. Vocational Rehabilitation, Lee County JobLink Career Center, and other government and community agencies to provide information and services. Psychosocial services and health screenings will be available. Bring identification, e.g., a V.A. card or DD Form 214. For more information, contact Leon Jackson at 919-775-2241 or email@example.com, VUB at 919-718-7463, TSWDB Adult Services at 919-777-7711, or visit www.vocnc.com.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- 'Celebrating American Heroes' program set for Nov. 5
- CCCC Vet Med program to host state competition
- Fall Activity Day held at CCCC Harnett Campus
- Robert Powell selected as CCCC's Faculty Member of the Year
- Morgan Steele is CCCC's Staff Member of the Year
- CCCC men's basketball looks for successful 2014-2015 season
- Caterpillar apprenticeship program receives award
- Fall Activity Day held at CCCC Chatham Campus
- Fall Activity Day held at CCCC Lee Campus
- CCCC's CDL course is 'life changing opportunity'