Veterans Stand Down event Oct. 12
College & Community, Continuing Education, Special Events, Students/Graduates
Veterans Outreach of North Carolina (VOCNC) hosts a Veterans Stand Down 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Oct 12, at the National Guard Armory, 2214 Nash St., Sanford. The Stand Down will provide information about services available to former military members, including homeless veterans. The Triangle South Workforce Development Board, headquartered at Central Carolina Community College, and the college's Veterans Upward Bound and Barbering programs join with the Veterans Administration, N.C. Vocational Rehabilitation, Lee County JobLink Career Center, and other government and community agencies to provide information and services. Psychosocial services and health screenings will be available. Bring identification, e.g., a V.A. card or DD Form 214. For more information, contact Leon Jackson at 919-775-2241 or email@example.com, VUB at 919-718-7463, TSWDB Adult Services at 919-777-7711, or visit www.vocnc.com.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- CCCC's CDL course is 'life changing opportunity'
- CCCC Adult High School Education online provides flexibility
- Economic impact study shows value of CCCC
- Stress-Less Interviews class set for Nov. 10
- Resume Ready class set for Oct. 20
- CCCC Ambassadors for 2014-2015
- CCCC PBL chapter performs at national leadership conference
- Harnett County Veterans and Community Stand Down set for Nov. 7
- Sen. Rabin visits CCCC to discuss issues
- CCCC designated as Military Friendly(R) School