CCCC-Pittsboro offers Youth Entrepreneurship Camp
College & Community, Curriculum Programs
PITTSBORO - Entrepreneurship - starting and running one's own business - is a viable career option that youth can get excited about.
In an atmosphere that promotes fun and learning, Central Carolina Community College's Youth Entrepreneurship Camp introduces students who have completed grades six through eight to this option.
Diane Kannarr, CCCC business and Rural Entrepreneurship through Action Learning (REAL) instructor, brings her years of inspiring and educating would-be small business owners to this class for youth.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Camp runs 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, July 22 through July 25, in Classroom 109 and Conference Room 2 at the college's Chatham County Campus, 764 West St., Pittsboro. The cost is $100.
In the camp, youth will identify opportunities for small business ventures and, as a member of a team, go through the business planning process to create and implement a business plan.
The camp goals include: gaining an understanding of entrepreneurship as a viable career option, generating business ideas in an atmosphere of fun, meeting and learning from successful entrepreneurs, helping participants learn about their community, developing leadership abilities and skills, identifying and evaluating entrepreneurial opportunities in North Carolina, and learning how technology can be used in small businesses.
For more information, call (919) 545-8044 or email Carl Thompson, director of CCCC-Chatham Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- CCCC math students visit Appalachian State
- CCCC hosts High Tech - High Touch workshop
- CCCC hosts Chinese Art Exhibition
- CCCC event will celebrate International Year of Light
- Dunn Enrichment Center dedicated
- CCCC named to Victory Media's 2016 Military Friendly(R) Schools list
- CCCC ESL program receives grant to expand computer literacy
- CCCC sets informational sessions for VMT, Dental programs
- 'Celebrating American Heroes' salutes veterans at CCCC program
- CCCC nursing students participate in event