CCCC-Pittsboro offers Youth Entrepreneurship Camp
College & Community, Special Events
PITTSBORO - Entrepreneurship - starting and running one's own business - is a viable career option that youth can get excited about.
In an atmosphere that promotes fun and learning, Central Carolina Community College's Youth Entrepreneurship Camp will introduce students who have completed grades six through eight to this option.
Diane Kannarr, CCCC business and Rural Entrepreneurship through Action Learning (REAL) instructor, brings her years of inspiring and educating would-be small business owners to this class for youth.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Camp runs 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, June 10 through June 13, at the college's Chatham County Campus, 764 West St., Pittsboro. The cost is $100.
In the camp, youth will identify opportunities for small business ventures and, as a member of a team, go through the business planning process to create and implement a business plan.
The camp goals include: gaining an understanding of entrepreneurship as a
viable career option, generating business ideas in an atmosphere of fun, meeting and learning from successful entrepreneurs, helping participants learn about their community, developing leadership abilities and skills, identifying and evaluating entrepreneurial
opportunities in North Carolina, and learning how technology can be used in small businesses.
For more information, call (919) 545-8044 or email Carl Thompson, director of CCCC-Chatham Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- Watercolor Warrior
- Program at Central Carolina could become state model
- Mrs. Universe 2014 will visit CCCC on April 14
- 2 from CCCC named to Fayetteville Observer's annual 40 Under 40
- Central Carolina's Upward Bound team wins competition
- Chef Gregg Hamm Serves And Teaches Food
- Duke Energy Foundation donates to Central Carolina Works
- CCCC hosts Manufacturing Academy
- Second CCCC Foundation Harnett Golf Classic a winner
- CCCC offers Intermediate Beer Brewing class