CCCC Information and Planning Conference fire suppression
College & Community, Special Events
Dr. Jim Atkinson (left), assistant superintendent for Auxiliary Services for Lee County Schools, gets a lesson in extinguishing a fire from Joey Shue, Central Carolina Community College's Fire and Rescue coordinator. Fire suppression was just one of several hands-on emergency response activities provided during the college's Feb. 8 Information and Planning Conference at its Emergency Services Training Center, in Sanford. Each year, the college hosts an IPC to show administrators and counselors from high schools in the college's service area of Chatham, Harnett and Lee counties what it has to offer their graduates. The 2013 event focused on training for first responders. For more information about programs offered at CCCC, visit www.cccc.edu.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- Chinese martial arts masters wow audience
- CCCC history students learn about tobacco farming
- N.C. Wesleyan, CCCC sign agreement
- CCCC hosts Kung Fu performance
- CCCC Central Carolina Works lead advisor featured by UNC-CH Carolina Covenant
- 10 Graduate CCCC Detention Officer School
- Lee teachers learn manufacturing needs 'soft-skills'
- CCCC Library awarded two federal grants
- Harnett and Lee students check out health care careers at CCCC camp
- Law officers graduate Crisis Intervention Training