CCCC-Chatham offers brewing classes
College & Community, College General
PITTSBORO - Learn about small-scale beer brewing and marketing in a series of three new classes offered at Central Carolina Community College's Chatham County Campus.
"Home brewing is a great hobby and more and more people are interested in creating their own unique brew for sale or to share," said CCCC Sustainability Coordinator Laura Lauffer. "We see this craft brewing opportunity as a way to use our great facilities in the sustainable technology department, and we hope to offer more classes in the future."
The small-scale brewing and marketing classes will be held in the college's Sustainable Technology Center at the Chatham Campus, 764 West St., Pittsboro. The classes offered are:
- Basic Home Brewing, Course No. C-1255
This 14-hour course, taught by Eric Ginsburg, introduces students to small-scale beer making and equips them with the knowledge and skills necessary to produce a variety of beers. Classes run from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays from Feb. 25 through April 15. The cost is $71.25.
- Starting Your Own Winery, Brewery or Meadery, Course No. C-1259
Learn about creating a business plan, federal and state permits and regulations, choosing a location, and many more tips on what to think about in considering entering this growing industry. This six-hour class, taught by Ben Starr, will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 2. The cost is $56.25.
- All-grain Brewing Techniques for the Home Brewer, Course No. C-1257
This 12-hour course is an informal, hands-on brewing workshop concluding with a sampling of the finished product side by side with commercial examples. It runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays from April 6 through April 27. The cost is $86.25.
To register, contact the Continuing Education Department at the campus, 919-545-8033, or Ramona Leftwich at email@example.com. For more information, contact CCCC Sustainability Coordinator Laura Lauffer at 919-545-8032 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Carolina Community College's Continuing Education Department will offer classes in small-scale brewing and marketing classes during the spring semester at the college's Chatham County Campus, 764 West St., Pittsboro. The classes are: Basic Home Brewing; Starting Your Own Winery, Brewery or Meadery; -and All-grain Brewing Techniques for the Home Brewer. To register, call 919-545-8033, or email Ramona Leftwich at email@example.com. For more information, contact CCCC Sustainability Coordinator Laura Lauffer at 919-545-8032 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- CCCC math students visit Appalachian State
- CCCC hosts High Tech - High Touch workshop
- CCCC hosts Chinese Art Exhibition
- CCCC event will celebrate International Year of Light
- Dunn Enrichment Center dedicated
- CCCC named to Victory Media's 2016 Military Friendly(R) Schools list
- CCCC ESL program receives grant to expand computer literacy
- CCCC sets informational sessions for VMT, Dental programs
- 'Celebrating American Heroes' salutes veterans at CCCC program
- CCCC nursing students participate in event