MADE Students Volunteer
College & Community
On January 17, in celebration of the Dr. King holiday of service, CCCC students volunteered their time chopping vegetables at the J. Fletcher Rosser Bread Basket in Sanford. Christopher Kelly, Julian Bailey, and Bradley Baker who are also members of the student organization, MADE (Men of Academic Distinction and Excellence) were joined by Made Coach Solomon McAuley, Human Services student Esmeralda Espinoza, and Sociology Instructor Vadrin Colvin-King. The Bread Basket serves hot meals to the less fortunate Monday-Friday, from 11:00am-12:30pm and accepts food donations from local businesses.
"We always appreciate any help that we can get, " said Susan Rosenthal, who oversees the daily operations of the agency, including coordinating volunteers, picking up donations, and preparing the food. The Bread Basket is located downtown at 140 East Chisholm Street. For more information about the Bread Basket or to volunteer please call Susan Rosenthal at (919) 774-3118.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- Constitution Day will be observed at CCCC Harnett Campus
- Community Colleges, Independent Colleges and Universities Sign Revised Agreement Improving the Transfer Process
- Constitution Day will be observed at CCCC Chatham Campus
- CCCC Small Business Center will host Harnett Business Summit
- CCCC VMT program celebrates 50th year of service
- CCCC's Upward Bound Math and Science program sets students on college course
- CCCC nursing graduates find new home at Central Carolina Hospital
- CCCC ranked among best in state, nation
- CCCC Industry Services open enrollment opportunities
- Barber Holmes is new CCCC Foundation president