MADE Students Volunteer
College & Community
On January 17, in celebration of the Dr. King holiday of service, CCCC students volunteered their time chopping vegetables at the J. Fletcher Rosser Bread Basket in Sanford. Christopher Kelly, Julian Bailey, and Bradley Baker who are also members of the student organization, MADE (Men of Academic Distinction and Excellence) were joined by Made Coach Solomon McAuley, Human Services student Esmeralda Espinoza, and Sociology Instructor Vadrin Colvin-King. The Bread Basket serves hot meals to the less fortunate Monday-Friday, from 11:00am-12:30pm and accepts food donations from local businesses.rn
"We always appreciate any help that we can get, " said Susan Rosenthal, who oversees the daily operations of the agency, including coordinating volunteers, picking up donations, and preparing the food. The Bread Basket is located downtown at 140 East Chisholm Street. For more information about the Bread Basket or to volunteer please call Susan Rosenthal at (919) 774-3118.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- 'Celebrating American Heroes' program set for Nov. 5
- CCCC Vet Med program to host state competition
- Fall Activity Day held at CCCC Harnett Campus
- Robert Powell selected as CCCC's Faculty Member of the Year
- Morgan Steele is CCCC's Staff Member of the Year
- CCCC men's basketball looks for successful 2014-2015 season
- Caterpillar apprenticeship program receives award
- Fall Activity Day held at CCCC Chatham Campus
- Fall Activity Day held at CCCC Lee Campus
- CCCC's CDL course is 'life changing opportunity'