MADE Students Volunteer
College & Community
On January 17, in celebration of the Dr. King holiday of service, CCCC students volunteered their time chopping vegetables at the J. Fletcher Rosser Bread Basket in Sanford. Christopher Kelly, Julian Bailey, and Bradley Baker who are also members of the student organization, MADE (Men of Academic Distinction and Excellence) were joined by Made Coach Solomon McAuley, Human Services student Esmeralda Espinoza, and Sociology Instructor Vadrin Colvin-King. The Bread Basket serves hot meals to the less fortunate Monday-Friday, from 11:00am-12:30pm and accepts food donations from local businesses.
"We always appreciate any help that we can get, " said Susan Rosenthal, who oversees the daily operations of the agency, including coordinating volunteers, picking up donations, and preparing the food. The Bread Basket is located downtown at 140 East Chisholm Street. For more information about the Bread Basket or to volunteer please call Susan Rosenthal at (919) 774-3118.
- News Home
- Recent Stories
- 'Bridging Education and Careers' is theme of summer symposium
- CCCC announces President's List for Spring 2015 semester
- CCCC announces Dean's List for Spring 2015 semester
- CCCC Foundation Furniture Auction raises thousands for Harnett County students
- Applications being accepted for CCCC's BLET night program
- CCCC Foundation sponsors Patrick Barnes Memorial Poker Run
- CCCC is top four in NCCCS excellence levels
- College and Career Readiness graduation held at Central Carolina Community College
- Harnett Health Science Academy inducts inaugural class
- CCCC prepares students for health care market